Working within Global Supply Chain Procurement to manage the source and supply of OEM/Resale items. Utilize the SAP system to monitor demand, manage deliveries, place orders.
Daily communications with Suppliers to build relationships and avoid back orders. Collaborate with teammates and cross functionally. Be point person for negotiating supply agreements, quality agreements and contract pricing.
Assist team with maintaining master data accurately. Works on projects of moderate scope and complexity. Applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Issues services purchase orders to support business needs.
- Identifies and resolves potential supplier problems.
- Actively manages work flow in SAP.
- Works with appropriate parties to resolve invoice issues to minimize overdue invoices.
- Ensures services are delivered on time and meet quality standards.
- Introduce and manage efficiencies through effective purchasing.
- Participate in supplier audits and business reviews.
- Monitors cost and supplier performance.
- Maintains files and records related to purchasing activities.
- Sources suppliers for high visible high impact indirect commodities
- Negotiates large volume / large impact supplier agreements.
- Act as internal advisor, influencing functional decision makers and budget holders about their spend plan.
- Identifies strategies for cost reduction and supplier consolidation within assigned commodity.
- Identify quality improvement opportunities and process efficiencies within assigned commodities.
- Implement procurement strategies that help achieve Global Supply Chain goals.
- Manages supplier relationships including supplier performance, capability development, capacity management and cost/quality improvements for high impact suppliers.
- Reviews purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy and discusses defects and delivery problems with suppliers and negotiates refunds.
- Conducts supplier reviews, generate and deliver supplier performance report cards and communicate outcome to supplier and internal stakeholders.
- Assists in implementation of regional strategies
- Assesses supply chain risks and works with Supervisor to develop mitigation plans.
- Represents Procurement on cross functional project teams.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business, Procurement or Supply Chain Management, or related discipline.
- 6+ years’ experience in Procurement with at least 2 years in Supply Assurance Buying and 2 years in Demand Buying, Materials Management or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience sourcing vendors and negotiating vendor contracts.
- Coursework towards CPM and/or CPIM certification is preferred.
- Full knowledge and application of the principles and theories of procurement and supply chain.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows and Office (Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint).
- Strong oral and written communication, confident negotiator, and strong multitasking and organizational skills.
- Ability to Influence, engage and advise various stakeholders across the business (from senior executives down)
- Good change management skills.
Requisition ID 2018-6289