The incumbent of the position has the responsibility of ensuring the effective selection, and management of suppliers and subcontractors to meet program requirements in line with CAE's commercial practices while mitigating CAE's risk.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Cultivate potential suppliers relationship, prepare, issue and follow-up precise Request for Quotations (RFQ) for large and complex subcontract programs.
- Lead commercial evaluation of subcontractors' proposal with multi-disciplinary team composed of specialists from engineering, software, project and operational groups as applicable.
- Negotiate subcontract agreements within technical scope, schedule and budget allocation including flowdown of specific Program Terms and Conditions
- Draft subcontracts agreements in line with the company commercial guidelines, such agreements which may include complex licensing arrangements
- Monitor subcontractor's progress and performance to ensure the timely and complete delivery of the procured goods & services in conformity conform to the technical and commercial requirements
- Exercise state remedies, as appropriate, where subcontractor's performance is deficient and Lead disputes resolution in a timely manner
- Work closely with Global Strategic Sourcing team to develop and implement improvement opportunities in support of organizational goals & strategies
- Provide reports to Global Strategic Sourcing Senior Management
Summary of Qualifications:
- University degree in Legal, Engineering or Business Administration
- Strong on-hand, knowledge and experience in international purchasing practices, contracts and dispute resolution are mandatory
- 5-10 years of Contracts or Subcontract Management experience. is mandatory
- Knowledge of aerospace simulation industry will be considered an asset
- Knowledge of standard procurement tools (ERP system) will be an asset
- Ability to work under operational pressure and short deadline is mandatory
- Work requires willingness to travel and to work flexible schedule.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to work self-directed in order to prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Able to provide leadership in a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with diverse groups of individuals and disciplines
- Highly motivated, self-managed individual able to work with little direct oversight
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills