Based in St. Bruno, Quebec you will be a member of Project Core Team and the interface between the project and the entire procurement network without buying directly. You will act as interface with other functions, ensure definition and successful execution of sourcing strategies and manage procurement activities of the project till end of lifetime.
In your role you will:
- Establish and manage the Procurement Project Plan;
- Establish and manage the schedule of long lead items and supplier quality plan;
- Act as interface in profuction meetings, non-conformity meetings, Change Control Board meetings, Project Risk, Opportunity and improvement meeting, Gate Reviews and claim review meetings;
- Follow-up material cost vs. budget on commodity and project level including potential risks and opportunities;
- Leverage the Bombardier Transportation (BT) Procurement network to optimize supplies to projects according to Project Management needs;
- Take responsibility for ensuring that Project needs relating to material cost, warranty, inventory, packaging and delivery performance are met;
- Utilize appropriate tools and techniques effectively to ensure that Procurement delivers its cost and performance requirements, e.g. Global Sourcing, cost improvement, Open Book Costing, Value Engineering, Value Stream Mapping;
- Oversee project specific Terms and Conditions for suppliers in accordance with customer´s and BT´s requirements and needs, negotiated by buyers with legal support;
- Where relevant, involve and manage suppliers into a joint product design development process (JDDP) in order to integrate efficiently supplier solutions;
- Assist the setting up of the project within Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system;
- Hold regular Material Cost Performance meetings with Project Management and Finance;
- Support long-term supplier relationship development by conducting regular performance reviews;
- Involve Global Lead Buyers when there are problems with Supplier performance or to preprare claims to suppliers;
- Drive cost reduction initiatives with local and global procurement teams.
As our ideal candidate:
- You hold an Engineering Degree or Commercial Degree wirh procurement background complemented by a demonstrated track record of success;
- You have eight (8) to ten (10) years of experience in Procurement, combining Project Management, technical exposure and financial analysis and forecasting;
- You own solid technical knowledge of the different systems and materials used in BT or very pronounced interest to acquire this knowledge;
- You possess strong analytical skills.