Assurant has an exciting opportunity for a Procurement Process Improvement Manager!
This individual will successfully manage moderate to large functional and enterprise projects in support of service delivery excellence in the global procurement operations organization. Partner with off-shore resources to identify process improvement opportunities and ensure SLA’s and other operational metrics are met.
Project Management (50%)
The demonstrated ability to effectively:
- Manage multiple functional and enterprise projects of moderate to large scale using best practices and be accountable for delivering required deliverables with minimal supervision.
- Organize and lead functional and enterprise projects that involve cross-functional team members. Includes coordinating acquisition of resources and identifying skills, effort, and timeframe needed for a given project.
- Define responsibilities, assign tasks and target dates and track task completion; coordinate assignment dependencies within the team as well as with other teams and projects.
- Understand and comply with established corporate standards and methodologies. This includes, but is not limited to, procurement, financial, IT, security, audit and records management.
- Utilize “corporate standard” project management tools and methodologies throughout all phases of projects.
- Prepare written documentation according to the current methodology including project plans, organizational charts, risk plans, resource plans, financial plans and status reports.
- Develop plans for completing project deliverables, including scheduling and coordinating activities of project team members.
- Facilitate team participation, conflict resolution and consensus building.
- Present questions that stimulate ideas and discussion among team members.
- Effectively manage project risks with documented mitigation strategies and contingency plans.
- Adhere and comply with project change management methodologies and reporting requirements.
- Ensure the project plan, scope, work breakdown structure, schedule, risk, budget, and deliverables are in alignment with the project goals and objectives.
- Communicate with peer group and management in the procurement organization. May be called upon to interact with senior leadership.
- Communicate with cross-functional (enterprise) project team members, using written and oral communication skills to persuade and influence others.
- Deliver the hard message to Project Sponsors, Owners, team members and peers.
Analysis/Solution Generation (30%)
The demonstrated ability to effectively:
- Work with on-shore and off-shore resources to identify, plan, and implement opportunities for operational improvements within the Global Procurement Organization, including but not limited to buying channels, invoicing, accounting elements and procure-to-pay systems and processes.
- Track issues and resolution of issues throughout the life-cycle of the project; research and analyze options and make recommendations to the appropriate decision-makers.
- Define business solutions for low to moderately complex projects.
- Identify likely causes of problems and determine appropriate solutions, weighing advantages and disadvantages of each. Systematically break down complex issues into manageable parts.
- Consider cross-functional, division, and organizational implications of solution alternatives.
- Recommend appropriate actions based on an understanding of potential increase to process efficiency, productivity, and return on investment, support for company strategic objectives or other project/business drivers.
- Remain flexible and creative while generating solutions to problems.
- Understand business goals and priorities and ensure team understanding and application of this knowledge.
- Understand applicable company policies, including but not limited to procurement, for the analysis and solutioning of issues.
- Understand the procure-to-pay process as well as interdependent processes in other areas such as accounting, audit, sourcing, supplier management, IT, etc.
- Obtain and apply knowledge of both company and industry best practices when generating solutions.
- Develop and implement metrics and measures for processes.
Organization, Communication and Prioritization (10%)
The demonstrated ability to effectively
- Handle multiple assignments concurrently.
- Escalate issues to resolution with influence.
- Use different types of communication (email, letter, presentation, report) and different media types (formal, written, voice, e-mail, face-to-face), when presenting information one-on-one or in-groups.
- Accept direction, feedback and coaching.
- Foster an environment which encourages clear communication across multiple sites and functional areas.
- Ensure effective communication across project teams, particularly stakeholders. Regular, scheduled meetings with Project Owners/Sponsors are required.
Stakeholder Management (10%)The demonstrated ability to effectively:
- Build rapport with and among stakeholders.
- Actively seek their input on all aspects of project execution.
- Establish clear expectations and regularly communicate status to all project stakeholders.
- Actively communicate and collaborate with Procurement and Accounting outsourcing partners for the execution of tasks and solutioning of issues.
- Respond appropriately to stakeholder inquiries and requests and seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction.
- Coordinate with program management as appropriate.
This position has no directreports, but isresponsible for orchestrating the work ofothers to successfully deliver projects and process improvement solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10 years of project management business experience
- Requires effective oral, written, and presentation skills to manage communication with all project stakeholders
- Experience in leading cross functional teams and promoting collaboration and teamwork
- Experience utilizing project management tools and techniques
- Experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously, and meeting tight deadlines
- Experience at identifying critical tasks and resources necessary to achieve desired objectives
Preferred Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- 4years in a Finance, Procurement or Operations environment
- Deep understanding of Procurement and Finance terminology
- Experienceworking with business process outsourcing partners
- Experience with Procure-to-Pay systems
- Experience with Six Sigma principles
- Ability to manage projects with medium to high complexity
- Managed projects of up to 6monthsduration
- Managed project team of up to 10 associates
- Manage projects for internal and external stakeholders
- Certified Project Manager