Amazon's mission is to be the most customer-centric company on Earth. To get there, we need to develop leaders who represent and can innovate on behalf of a diverse and demanding global customer base. The exponential and fast growth of Amazon leads to further opportunities to use state-of-the-art negotiation techniques, to maximize value for our customers.
As part of the Global Procurement Center of Excellence and Global Procurement Value Engineering team, we are building the Amazon Procurement Negotiation Factory, which will use game theory based best practice tools and cutting-edge negotiation techniques to change the way we procure products and services. If you'd like to be part of this global procurement transformation, this is your chance to make history.
Key job responsibilities
- Support building the Amazon Procurement Negotiation Factory
- Lead and execute customized negotiation events for high value negotiations as part of the Amazon Procurement Negotiation Factory, in alignment with Category Procurement to achieve immediate cost reductions
- Design project-specific negotiation and tendering strategies to optimize commercial value and holistic decision making, including game-theory based negotiation scripts
- Develop and deploy a game theory black belt training program to build in-house game theory practitioners within procurement
- Work with experts from academia on disseminating cutting edge negotiation techniques within procurement
- Develop negotiation dashboards, with real time analytics and insights from the market intelligence team
- Work independently and collaboratively with cross functional teams
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Arlington, VA, USA | Bellevue, WA, USA | Nashville, TN, USA
- 5+ years of program or project management experience
- 5+ years of supply chain experience
- Experience using data and metrics to determine and drive improvements
- Experience owning program strategy, end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years of driving process improvements experience
- Master's degree, or MBA in business, operations, human resources, adult education, organizational development, instructional design or related field
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $92,300/year in our lowest geographic market up to $181,400/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.