When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Get onboard the UTC Aerospace Operations and Supply Chain team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. Operations and Supply Chain employees have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.
United Technologies Aerospace Systems is searching for a Supply Chain Procurement Manager to join our team in Chula Vista, CA. This position will be a key contributor to indirect purchasing initiatives.
In the Supply Chain Procurement Manager role, you will be responsible for handling the company's end to end sourcing operations. The successful candidate will be able to assess and improve our sourcing activities by analyzing the company's spending, develop sourcing strategy, lead key projects, negotiate with suppliers and enhance supply partnerships and explore new cost reduction opportunities.
- Develop and analyze costs of procurement and suggest methods to decrease expenditure and streamline processes
- Perform cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking for the assigned categories
- Generate and implement efficient sourcing and category management strategies and supplier base rationalization
- Lead critical sourcing initiatives while collaborating with stakeholders to guarantee agreement on terms and processes and optimize sourcing procedures to attain maximum efficiency
- Assessment of supplier and categoryrisk through dual and or parallel sourcing.
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements and cost-saving opportunities.
- Manage supplier relationship through Supplier Relationship Management process
- Other duties, as assigned
The ideal candidatewill posses:
- Proven work experience as a sourcing manager or procurement manager
- Familiarity with sourcing and key supplier management
- Understanding of market dynamics and sound business judgment
- Strong project management and leadership skills
- Ability to negotiate and sustain networking relationships
- Comfortable with figures and in collecting, analyzing and interpreting data
- Solid judgment with the ability to make good decisions.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented with the ability to multitask
- Strong data analysis and data mining skills
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as a team.
- 7 years experience in Purchasing and Logistics operations
- Previous experience in managing capital expenditure and tooling is a plus
- Experience in SAP (preferred)
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Bachelors Degree is required.
- Bachelors Degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or Business Administration is preferred.
- Masters Degree is preferred.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job ID 67477BR