Smartsheeters truly stand out. It is clear by their attitude and actions that they work for a company that is not only innovative and authentic, but filled with individuals who are driven, supported and committed to playing a major role in Smartsheet’s success. Our leadership enables an environment that promotes personal and professional growth, as well as encouraging individuals to take an active role in realizing the vision of the company.
Smartsheet is looking for a Procurement Manager to be responsible primarily for supporting TechOps and Engineering sourcing requirements, including hardware, software, telecommunications and professional services. You will be responsible for leading cross-functional teams in selecting vendors offering the best overall value. You will work closely with the Legal Department in the review of contracts to mitigate legal and regulatory risks.
Provide contract life cycle management for diverse and complex categories which includes research of potential vendors, development of Request for Proposals, and the negotiation of terms and conditions that protects the company from risk and achieves best in class terms. Interact with external and internal suppliers/customers and demonstrates leadership to the Business Units using procurement services.
This role reports to the Senior Procurement Manager and is based in Smartsheet Headquarters in Bellevue, WA.
- Manage the contract life cycle of complex contracts in support of TechOps and Engineering and other spend categories as assigned
- Manage the contract life cycle of complex IT services, such as software, hardware and telecom
- Develop and maintain expertise in multiple categories being managed by analyzing trends and dynamics of the current market.
- Work with key stakeholders to determine specific needs of the business.
- Identify vendors with the capability to meet business requirements.
- Facilitate cross-functional teams in developing sourcing strategy.
- Prepare RF(x) and lead teams in the source selection process.
- Negotiate pricing and contract terms and conditions.
- Manage contract implementation.
- Manage and monitor vendor performance on an on-going basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain, computer science, management information systems, (or related field) preferred, or combination education/experience equivalent.
- Minimum five plus years of experience in Category management, strategic sourcing, or procurement with a diverse experience background managing multiple categories. Experience in one or more IT categories, including hardware, software, service, and telecommunications including current market knowledge. In depth knowledge and experience in managing the procurement of indirect spend categories.
- Ability to structure bids, evaluate bids against a broad set of evaluation criteria and provide recommendations for vendor selection.
- Vendor risk management experience.
- Experience with asset management lifecycle practices that include hardware and software inventories, lease administration, and software licensing compliance controls/expense management a plus.
- C.P.M. or CPSM Certification highly desirable.
- Knowledge of contracting trends, licensing models, and traditional and emerging contract and vendor performance models; expert negotiation tactics and strategies; proven track record of negotiations that result in cost savings and risk avoidance.
- Ability to communicate with business owners, IT users, legal, and procurement staff to craft contracts that align complex needs with contractual requirements to achieve desired business outcomes.
- Strong MS Office Skills or equivalent software.