The Procurement Manager develops and implements sourcing and procurement strategies and programs to meet company-wide cost saving objectives. Main focus areas will be Marketing, Sales and Business Development areas Managed spend will be between $100-150m across 4-6 spend areas (sub categories). This role is responsible for procurement, contract development and the delivery of ongoing cost savings across all categories. The Procurement Manager oversees the implementation of purchasing and procurement contracts for products and services, develops strong supplier relationships, assesses performance of key suppliers and develops business improvement plans to provide a continued focus on delivering improved value to the organization. This role supports the business in developing a consistent approach to ensure ongoing development of standards, purchasing policies and guidelines. Essential duties and responsibilities, shown below, will vary accordingly based on assignment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifies, sources, negotiates, and implements sourcing and procurement key cost saving opportunities resulting in significant savings to the company in multiple categories of spend. The successful candidate will have prior experience in sourcing of Business services.
- Develops and supports initiatives to provide consistency and standards, leverage supply relationships across the enterprise and drive down total costs.
- Works with key business partners, and develops sourcing and procurement plans that align corporate objectives to business needs while adapting to changing market conditions.
- Establishes and communicates purchasing policies and guidelines that effectively balance administrative burden, cost savings, and risk/liability.
- Acts as a strategic partner with management in all departments to support their business objectives.
- Manages corporate and national supplier programs, source and select suppliers, negotiate commercial agreements and implementation strategies for programs, and communicates benefits and methodology.
- Works with internal business partners, develops user requirements, identifies suppliers, develops bid specifications, solicit bids, obtains proposals, analyzes results, and recommends the most cost effective solutions to senior management.
- Develops new approaches for systematic purchasing that will lower administrative burdens, add accountability and support and efficient and effective business process.
- Develops, maintains, and provides ongoing commodity, supplier, and performance reporting to senior management and internal customers to meet requirements.
- Leads interactions with legal in developing purchasing contracts and modifying terms and conditions in order to create the most advantageous agreements.
- Expands the utilization and exposure of Minority and Woman Business Enterprises to internal business units and prepares all documentation for potential internal and external government audits.
- Conducts supplier reviews to ensure compliance with agreed SLAs.
- Manages relevant dashboards, supplier and performance reporting for business partners and functional Procurement lead.
Supervisory and Organizational Responsibilities:
No direct reports at this time. This is a key individual contributor role in a small Procurement group, having a lot of independence and responsibility. You will be responsible for the entire procure to pay process for the categories you will are assigned. Taking initiative and finding innovative ways of delivering solutions is not only encouraged, but expected, in our transformational department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business discipline.
- MBA preferred.
- Minimum 4years’experiencein a corporate procurement environment developing and executing relevant sourcing strategies.
- Need expertise and best-in-class thinking in some of the areas of Marketing/Sales & Business Development
- Need experienceworking with stakeholders in areas marketing, finance & overhead management departments.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Expert in procurement category management, sourcing process, negotiations process. Strong ability to drive significant improvements in a purchasing organization.
- Thorough knowledge of RFQ/RFP/RFI process.
- Strong leadership skills, great Drive for results and passion to make a difference.
- Strong project management and stakeholder management skills.
- Need expertise and best-in-class thinking in some of the areas of business services spend (examples; Travel and expense, HQ spend areas, Insurance, HR benefits, payroll, contingent labor)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work with an enterprise financial system - Oracle Financials a plus.
- Experience in working with an eProcurement system – Oracle Procurement a plus.
- Ability to adapt to custom developed corporate purchase contracts and licensing agreements with modified terms and conditions.
- Strong supplier relationship, organizational, and project management skills.
- Ability to interpret technical specifications and use sound judgment to make business decisions.
- Excellent presentation skills and written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven record of initiative and dedication to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal customers.