The Corporate Indirect Procurement Manager, Marketing, will be responsible for building category media and creative agency strategies and managing sourcing activity in support of Constellation Brands’ objectives and growth strategies. In this role, you will report to the Senior Procurement Manager, Media and Martech, and will manage the procurement activities around advertising, media, digital agencies, public relations, and other marketing-related categories. This position works closely with all business units and cross-functional teams to achieve strategic sourcing objectives and stakeholder business objectives for the assigned spend areas. You will work within an open ecosystem of internal and external partners, promoting rapid, iterative innovation across the organization.
The ideal candidate has a passion for marketing procurement and the digital space and experience leading category strategy development and execution, and is a strategic thinker, change agent, and relationship builder. This role will have exposure across the organization including to senior levels, so executive presence and strong communication and presentation skills are also critically important.
- Developing a strategic plan to maximize value for the assigned marketing categories based on an understanding of business needs, the supply market, benchmarking, price availability, etc.
- Partnering with key internal brand and media stakeholders to nurture and develop relationships with Constellation Brands’ supply partners and optimize supply partner performance
- Leading the design and implementation of media, advertising, and digital marketing sourcing plans and strategies and identifying and developing a comprehensive sourcing strategy process
- Leading the agency benchmarking and bidding process; negotiating pricing/terms and conditions, and final contract award and implementation; and proactively managing vendor contract life cycle to prepare the organization for contract renegotiations or renewals
- Maintaining adequate sources of supply/service to ensure that the requirements of the category are met with the optimum quality, service, and cost-to-use
- Driving the tactical execution of the day-to-day plan to deliver consistent and sustainable savings
- Providing innovative sourcing solutions to the brand and media teams by bringing continuous improvement and market-driven innovation and offering credible alternatives where applicable
- Possessing a thorough understanding of marketing, advertising, and eCommerce technologies
- Monitoring the competitive landscape to keep abreast of emerging trends, supply/demand, and industry changes and their overall impact to current and anticipated future media spend
- Maintaining in-depth knowledge of, and tracking market factors affecting, the pricing of TV/video, print, radio, and digital/mobile media
- Ensuring compliance with all internal guidelines and external regulations and requirements relating to responsible categories – e.g., finance and procurement policies, code of conduct, etc.
- Ensuring projects meet time and budget constraints, deliver business value, and produce high-quality results
- Possessing the ability to develop, implement, and manage agile processes to improve program effectiveness
- Demonstrating success managing complex cross-discipline projects, including identifying the skills and resources needed to deliver project executions and coordinate the timely delivery of work across teams
- This role will report to the Senior Procurement Manager, Media and Martech
- 5+ years of strategic indirect procurement/sourcing experience, supply base management, contract negotiation, category management, business analysis, and procurement consulting
- 2+ years marketing procurement experience establishing media and creative agency category strategies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Business (or other related degree programs).
- Strong knowledge of category management, strategic sourcing, and supplier relationship management processes
- Proven track record in delivery of complex, cross-functional procurement initiatives on-time and on-budget
- Ability to interface at all levels of the organization and with suppliers to solve problems when facing evolving demands
- Demonstrated success in leveraging company-wide spend by ensuring the implementation of complex agreements
- Strong leadership presence and negotiation/contract management experience
- Knowledge and experience with best practice processes, tools, and procurement/spend systems data and analysis
- Strong financial and analytical skills with a high degree of business acumen
- Highly self-motivated with a strong internal drive for results
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task
- In-depth knowledge and experience of strategic sourcing processes, organization, technology is required, and a nationally-recognized professional certification is a plus (Certified Purchasing Manager or Certified Professional Contract Manager)
- Leadership; team building; negotiations; sourcing strategy formulation and implementation; process development / reengineering; contract / agreement writing; supplier/contract management; and ability to represent inter-departmental and corporate issues across internal and external boundaries
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and in source-to-pay tools
- Beverage alcohol or consumer packaged goods (CPG) experience
- MBA or equivalent
- 2+ years of MarTech or AdTech experience
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods - lifting may be required; reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions
- Travel up to 30%