Procurement Manager (Technology)
LendingClub (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, and we’re radically changing the way lending operates. We’re proud of the recognition we’ve received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We’re conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
The Third Party and Vendor Management team has several functional areas: Sourcing (IT and non-IT), Third Party Monitoring & Oversight, Procurement and Travel. The team’s goal is to maximize third party performance and value through strong business and stakeholder partnerships, from vendor selection and contracting through ongoing monitoring and vendor off boarding.
This position will be responsible for developing, executing and managing sourcing, negotiation and vendor management activities related to technology purchases. This includes cultivating relationships with LendingClub stakeholders at all levels, focused on developing, maintaining and executing category sourcing plans covering hardware, data centers, compute instances, storage, content delivery, data and service providers, software and othertechnology categories, as assigned. The Manager handles all aspects of the strategic sourcing lifecycle in collaboration with the business partners, Risk SMEs and Legal. Responsibilities will include planning and vendor selection (including RFI’s & RFP’s, Reverse Auctions), risk assessment, pricing and contract negotiations, managing due diligence, and quarterly/annual business reviews. The role will also focus on collaborating with various business leaders to develop and execute category plans and sourcing strategies that minimize vendor risk while optimizing vendor economics and outcomes. This role will report to the Director, Procurement.
- Category Management Strategy and Planning: Develop and manage procurement strategies for the Technologychannel, including hardware, data centers, compute instances, storage, content delivery, data and service providers, software and othertechnology categories.
- Supplier/Vendor Strategy: Plan, source and select new vendors, optimize relationships with existing vendors
- Negotiation: Work quickly but effectively to negotiate the best available price and terms to meet savings goals, minimize risk and ensure compliance.
- Contract Strategy and Execution: Understand key terms, lead contract negotiations, establish critical metrics and define SLA’s
- Optimization of Economics: Own and develop financial analytics to support negotiations and/or purchasing activity, drive continual productivity improvement
- Risk Assessment and Due Diligence: Manage the risk and due diligence process to move the vendor through the various stage gates from identification to contracting
- Process and Execution: Develop, select or implement processes and tools to support the Third Party and Vendor Management Program
- Dedicated Leadership and Project Execution. You can independently seek information, solve conceptual problems, corral resources and deliver results in challenging situations. You are known as someone who “gets stuff done.”
- Problem Solver. You have strong problem-solving and analytical skills. You are a strategic and creative thinker.
- Excellent Communicator and Project Manager. You can easily communicate, negotiate, direct, plan, and organize effectively across all levels of an organization and influence thinking and outcomes
- Athlete. You can play a wide-variety of roles to get the job done
- Fast Mover. We move fast... you are nimble with the ability to take decisive action to address business needs that meet corporate business objectives. You are ready and excited to learn on your feet and help build a growing business
- High-energy, positive standout colleague. This is a highly collaborative and cross-functional role
- Bachelor’s Degreerequired.
- 5+ years of experience in the technologycategory in one or more of the following areas: strategic sourcing, procurement, vendor management, or management consulting.
- Top-notch communication and organization skills, including experience deriving insights through data with senior management or executives
- Self-starter with ability to own projects from initial inquiry to completion
- Prior technology company, financial services or regulated industry experience
- Familiarity with Federal regulations impacting the Financial Services industry (FDCPA, TCPA, OCC, etc.)
- Experience in a high growth technology environment
- Professional accreditation in sourcing or procurement