At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people's exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe.
The Procurement Manager provides leadership and project management on tasks related to the procurement of goods and services. Serve as the business partner to key stakeholders at supply site to lead and drive value creation across indirect/direct categories.
- Negotiate with current & potential suppliers for agreements, cost savings and cash flow.
- Engage GCM's (Global Category Manager's) to assist as needed with negotiations and cost savings initiatives.
- Engage resources within Global Operations Procurement for problem solving, data mining and project team involvement.
- You will assist in managing the procurement of all goods, supplies, and services to support the production cycle time requirements of the plant.
- Ability to perform analysis and interpret results into actionable steps; strong business acumen.
- Lead process improvement activities and cross functional teams to meet strategic goals.
- You will maintain knowledge and awareness of market changes in commodities to be purchased to ensure the availability of products/materials for manufacturing functions at competitive prices and within alternate sources of supply to meet production requirements of the plant.
- All work to be executed in compliance with department policies and procedures, which are subject to periodic internal and third party audits.
- Manage key supplier relationships including, the performance tracking of supplier KPIs (key performance indicators) to meet strategic business objectives.
- Responsible for material cost forecasting and Purchase Price Variance (PPV) analysis and support the Site Procurement Lead on operational/administrative tasks as assigned.
- This position does not have direct reports outside of coverage during manager/s absence.
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree required. Preferred in Engineering or related Science. MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years prior experience in a Procurement role within a pharmaceutical or other regulated manufacturing industry.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications; Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook applications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to professionally represent AstraZeneca to various suppliers and external resources.
- Effectively interact with various personalities in multiple departments and supplier organizations.
- Daily use of excellent verbal and written communication is necessary.
- Enjoy challenges in a fast paced environment and make logical decisions, knowing when to escalate issues and opportunities to management.
- Pro-active detail oriented work in a multi-tasking environment is required.
- Experience in an ERP system preferred. SAP desired.
- Advanced data analytical skills.
- Knowledge and experience in direct and capital procurement preferred.
Key Relationships to reach solutions:
- Quality Assurance/Quality Control
- MFG Operations
- Supply Chain
- Operations Procurement
- Raw material suppliers
- Contract Manufacturing Organizations
- Contract Packaging Organizations
- 3rd Party Logistic providers
- Transportation/Logistic providers
Next Steps - Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.