This Procurement Manager position will report to the Procurement Director, and will be the specialist for all HRBT Construction Material and Sub Contract procurement.
- Management of the project procurement plan in accordance with approved corporate and or project policies, procedures, plans, strategy and budgets.
- Communicate with bidders and suppliers or subcontractors on all procurement related matters.
- Oversee the preparation of the bid inquiry documents, bid tabulations and selection recommendations.
- Lead contract negotiations and preparation, including issuing approval of contract documents, subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Oversee Coordination of expediting, logistics and traffic with respect to the delivery of supplier equipment and materials delivered to site.
- Research new materials for design and cost savings
- Develop and implement new purchasing strategies to deliver ongoing cost reductions and process simplification
- Maintain existing relationships with subcontractors and suppliers, and establish new relationships to ensure adequate resources for all projects and to continually improve pricing and quality of work
- Assist in settling invoice or contract disputes
- Interface with project segment managers and contract administrators, buyers, expeditors, inspectors, materials controllers, transportation and logistics and other parties as required.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- High school or GED from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 10 years' procurement experience within a heavy civil construction environment.
- Minimum 3 years' field or project-based procurement experience in the construction industry.
- SmartBid software experience.
- Strong contract management experience essential
- Local Virginia experience highly preferred.
- Post-secondary education or work experience in a related field.
- Sound knowledge of MS Office suite, including Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of procurement best practices, import regulations, competitive bidding, market conditions, general contract terms and conditions is required.
- Strong negotiation skills, including the ability to reconcile conflicting service and financial requirements.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Results oriented with the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and timelines.
- Exceptional time management skills and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.