This position is responsible for sourcing and purchasing of Capital Equipment and Services for Closure Systems International (CSI), inclusive of its Global Closures business, as well as Capping and Machinery Divisions. The role will report directly to the Director of Procurement. The candidate will be responsible for the execution of strategic procurement process for the category, including buying activities and day-to-day interaction with internal stakeholders and suppliers to ensure an uninterrupted supply of quality goods and services at optimum cost.
The essential duties include:
- Understand current market conditions/trends, developing technologies, supply chain capacity/capability, product and service knowledge, customer requirements and supply/demand challenges to deliver the lowest total cost of ownership for purchased products and services.
- Collaborate and work closely with other parts of the organization to implement Total Cost of Ownership opportunities within the capital procurement category.
- Support all activities within the procurement function and regularly report to procurement leadership on key procurement metrics.
Strategy Development & Implementation
- Develop and execute the category strategy including the buying of goods/services, spend analysis, industry analysis;
- Follow the set standards with respect to Procurement and ensure consistency with CSI's requirements and standards;
- Follow robust negotiation process for procurement of capital goods/services; work with stakeholders to create Statement of Work (SOW); develop and execute RFX's (Requests for Proposals, Quotes, and Information) utilizing various tools at your disposal;
- Actively pursue low cost country sourcing initiatives;
- Ensure all statutory, regulatory and internal controls requirements are met;
- Ensure all procurement activities are conducted ethically, and with integrity;
- Oversee and support contract implementations, working closely with buyers, plants and functions and ensuring all aspects of life cycle and service levels are considered;
- Realizing lowest Total Cycle Cost of Ownership, whilst ensuring requirements are met as intended.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with suppliers;
- Build constructive relationships with internal stakeholders to understand their requirements and needs;
- Collaborate with relevant departments to ensure understanding and allignment with key procurement strategies;
- Lead periodic business reviews, monitor supplier performance, review root cause analysis and resolution, and monitor supplier improvement plans;
- Capitalize on strong network of suppliers, key stakeholders, and category team members to ensure timely implementation of new suppliers, products and services.
- Conduct negotiation activities in a structured and professional manner;
- Participate / lead cross-functional teams to negotiate and implement improved operational and commercial supply outcomes for the business and customers.
- Measure performance against budgets and targets;
- Track and report savings, support procure-to-pay process improvement within the Category area, monitor TCO improvement as well as working capital improvement using the tracking tools in place;
- Provide periodic and ad hoc reports and forecasts on performance against plan and KPIs.
Office environment, and some travel (<30%) to manufacturing facilities.
- Bachelors or advanced degree in Engineering;
- 5+ years of experience, with 3+ years of supply chain experience in capital procurement in a manufacturing company with a mature procurement function;
- Skilled in project management, reporting and presenting information, and statistical analysis;
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, standards and specifications;
- Knowledge of industrial and quality principles preferred, including process layout, standard operating procedures, SPC (Cpk, Cmk, Ppk), PFMEA, Lean Six Sigma, APQP, 5S, ISO TS16949, ISO 14000, etc.
- Excellent negotiation skills, problem solving ability, strategic thinking ability, and excellent communications skills;
- Advanced Microsoft Office Skills (super user in Microsoft Excel);
- Information System Proficiency – Oracle ERP experience preferred.