BAE Systems is currently seeking a Purchasing Manager to support our Combat Vehicles operations in Phoenix, Arizona. This role will:
- Understand the impact of procured materials on manufacturing processes.
- Manage and train a staff of Procurement Analysts (Buyers) with responsibility for procurement of materials and services in support of Phoenix Warfighter, Aviation Seating, and Ground Vehicle Seating manufacturing operations.
- Execute material procurement for assigned commodity areas to achieve targets in cost, quality, and delivery.
- Resolve schedule, material requirement, or business system problems with cross-functional representatives and suppliers.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key suppliers.
- Monitor suppliers to ensure contractual compliance, and foster supplier communication. Expedite supplier solutions for short lead-time projects.
- Conduct complex negotiations with both suppliers and internal functional stake holders.
- Collaborate daily with other functions, including engineering, manufacturing operations, program management, quality, finance, accounting, and compliance.
- Analyze Key Performance Indicators and resolve indicated issues. Suggest process improvements and strategic actions for improvement.
- Keep abreast of market trends in critical supply areas. Example commodities: metals, ceramics, machined parts, stampings, fabrications, aramid, polyethylene, nylon, glass, composite resin systems and other raw material inputs.
- Support bid and proposal efforts relating to assigned commodity.
- Report to Supply Chain Manager, Phoenix and supportSupply Chain Manager in presentations, interface, and collaboration with other onsite functions and offsite senior leadership.
- Understand Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR and DFAR) and company policies, and reviews and approves procurement files in accordance with such regulations.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, or related field
- Six years experience in supply chain management, purchasing, project management, or a related field.
- Demonstrated ability to work across organizational functions to achieve objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve contractual, performance, or other issues with suppliers.
- Must exhibit high level of motivation, organization, attention to detail, energetic approach to job duties and requirements.
- Must be technically knowledgeable and capable of grasping detailed concepts.
- Must be a self-starter and have excellent leadership skills.
- Must be able to communicate both verbally and through effective writing.
- Experience working with FAR and DFAR regulations.
- Strong MS Office skills - Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Project.
- Ability to travel to supplier sites (estimated travel <25%)