The Procurement Manager will be part of the Global Procurement department of AWAC Services Company, Inc. AWAC Services Company, Inc. is a service company that provides administrative services to Allied World Assurance Company Holdings, Ltd. and its subsidiaries. The IT Procurement Manager will be based out of the Farmington, CT. office and responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
- Collaborate with business leaders/stakeholders to understand pending and future product/service purchases.
- Assist in evaluating and recommending vendors and related products/services.
- Manage technical and financial RFP's, including the development of information requests and establishment of time lines and milestones to be met.
- Manage each purchase effectively and efficiently through the Company's procurement process. Be the primary point of contact with vendors and stakeholders throughout the process.
- Lead strategic negotiations for each product/service being purchased.
- Manage the processing of contracts to ensure Master Contracts, SOW's and Amendments are reviewed and approved by stakeholders and Legal and executed timely.
- Participates in the Company's strategic and operational planning.
- Develop and manage the Procurement's contract management system
- Individual with 7-10 years' experience, preferably with IT sourcing experience within the Insurance industry.
- BS degree at a minimum.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively work with senior level employees.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Goal and team oriented.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines