AAG, is the nation’s leading reverse mortgage lender. The company is dedicated to giving seniors a better financial outcome in retirement through the responsible use of home equity. In addition to federally-insured Home Equity Conversion (Reverse) Mortgages, AAG offers a full suite of senior home equity solutions, including traditional and proprietary mortgages and real estate services. AAG has more than 1,300 employees and a national operating footprint with offices in California, Arizona, Texas, Georgia and New York.
AAG operates by core values of Caring, Driven and Ethical and has been ranked an Orange County Top Workplace every year since 2013. Through the AAG Foundation, the company provides support to AAG employees in need, seniors in the community, and victims of human trafficking, and encourages employee participation in AAG Foundation events through its volunteer-time-off program. Through the AAG Foundation and AAG’s official employee engagement program, #ProjectInspire, employees are given a sense of higher purpose which both inspires and invigorates the workforce.
We reward hard work, promote from within and offer excellent training and career development. If this sounds like a company you are interested in joining, please review the job description below.
Contract Review, Modification, Negotiation:
- Work with stakeholders and the legal department to create and negotiate vendor contracts.
Competitive Bidding, Negotiations and Cost Reduction Initiatives: Follow all policies and procedures regarding the sourcing, selecting and management of vendors.
- Development of Request for Proposal (RFP), Request for Quote (RFQ) and Request for Information (RFI) documents in coordination with the appropriate stakeholders
- Manage the RFP, RFQ and RFI process, acting at the main point of contact with vendors and stakeholders
- Aggregate RFP, RFQ and RFI responses into meaningful, actionable summaries
- Collaborate with stakeholders to recommend the best Vendor to meet business needs
Vendor Relationships & Performance Measurements:
- Measure and track vendor performance to ensure appropriate service levels are maintained with key vendors. This will be accomplished by working with vendors and stakeholders to establish and monitor mutually agreeable service level agreements and terms and conditions of the business relationship.
- Provide feedback on performance, seek continuous improvement and innovation
- When performance issues emerge, identify root causes and work with stakeholders and vendors to drive efficient resolution
- Identify and capture profit improvement opportunities beyond sourcing, such as demand management, process improvements, etc.
- Regularly monitor the market for category leading practices and demand/supply shifts such as vendor consolidation, technology innovations, etc.
Provides project management experience in situations where vendor participation is a key component to successful project implementation
- Knowledge and expertise across several indirect categories,
- Strategic, analytical, and interpersonal skills to act as an effective change agent,
- A consistent track record of delivering business impact in a complex corporate environment,
- Strong implementation skills supported by strategic vision to drive spend management excellence in complex categories,
- Excellent analytical capabilities, communication skills, business acumen, influencing technique, and collaboration savvy in a team environment is also critical.
- Experience with category management strategies for categories in scope, strategic sourcing process, vendor management with a proven track record of delivering business impact
- Demonstrated analytical, financial, problem solving, organization, and project management skills
- Highly motivated with an entrepreneurial mindset, proactive and innovative
- Experience working effectively in complex organizations
- Ability to lead and influence change in the face of complexity and ambiguity
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills
- Thrives in a fast paced, goal oriented, dynamic organization with time sensitive deadlines
- Leverage market data, external expert resources, spend analytics, and cost modeling to drive fact based decision making
- Strong project management skills, including stakeholder timelines and meeting management skills
- Expert understanding of contract terms and techniques for driving additional value and managing risks
- Ability to support, lead and conduct successful negotiations
- Develop and manage relationships across the business to achieve key business objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to develop highly functioning business relationships at senior levels both within and outside the organization.
- Knowledge of Vendor Management tools (SRM, conducting Quarterly Business Reviews, etc.)
- Technology-savvy and high competency in MS office; Advanced Excel skills and other analytics software as well as P2P, Power BI, etc.
· BS/BA degree in relevant area such as Business Administration, Supply Chain or Finance required.
· Preferred level of education/certification based on requirements that are job-related and consistent with business necessity.
· 5-7 years of relevant category management experience demonstrating success in positions of increasing complexity, leading contracting, strategic sourcing and vendor management activities