The role of the Contracts & Procurement Team Leader is primarily to lead the team responsible for the management and administration of Purchase Orders and Subcontracts with subcontractors but may on occasion support the management and administration of contracts with clients.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that the organization selects the most appropriate goods and services based on price, quality, delivery times and services support.
The successful candidate shall liaise with all relevant departments for all contracting and procurement activities related to vendors and sub-contractor suppliers.
The responsibilities of the Contracts & Procurement Team Leader are, but not limited to:
· Leadership, Supervision and training of the Contracts & Procurement Function;
· Maintain thorough records through the tendering process to ensure proper and efficient handover to Project/ Operations teams;
· Providing commercial advice to Project Management and Operations Teams;
· Actively promote and champion the use of best practice to ensure compliance with the organization's policies and procedures.
· Liaising between suppliers, manufacturers, relevant internal departments and clients;
· Develop and maintain Contracts & Procurement strategy & policies
· Highlighting any major commercial risks or issues to Management and work with them to ensure the optimum solution;
· Producing reports and statistics
· Prepare accurate and economic pricing of tenders with due regard to vendor/ sub- contractor positions and market forces;
· Participation in audits as required;
· Attending meetings and trade conferences;
· The post holder will be expected to travel as required both locally and internationally.