The Finance team partners with the executive team and senior company leaders to identify risks and opportunities in order to achieve operating plans, and make recommendations around the optimal allocation of resources. We are a fast-moving team who gives structure to complicated issues, immerses ourselves in data collection, and delivers impactful insights and recommendations. If you enjoy ambiguous questions, gravitate towards data-driven results, and want to disrupt a massive global industry, let's talk.
We are looking for a highly skilled, experienced Procurement Director to join our fast-growing organization. The position will lead all of Eventbrite's purchasing activities. You will be responsible for establishing the function and then building and leading a small team of purchasing professionals. You will be responsible for the full spectrum of purchasing process including supplier selection and management, price negotiation, supplier agreements and managing supplier and vendor contracts, purchase order execution, timely delivery of services and products, etc.
The position is based in Nashville, TN. Occasional travel will be required to San Francisco. The role will report into the company's Chief Accounting Officer.
- Develop and execute sourcing strategies based on the category
- Set policy and guidelines for delivering commercial and cost-effective purchasing process for the business
- Perform all purchasing and contracting activities including pre-qualification, tender management, negotiation and preparation of contracts
- Perform cost analysis and set appropriate benchmarks
- Manage workflow from initiation to completion
- Implement change and develop new processes to better purchase goods and services
- Creation of effective preferred supplier program and instillation of organizational discipline on onboarding new vendors
- Take ownership of training program to empower internal customer base.
- Development of KPIs for strategic sourcing with cyclical delivery which drives continuous improvement
- Develop key relationships with business stakeholders and strategic supply partners to improve business
- Lead business review meetings with key stakeholders to assess risk, review future strategies, and identify potential cost down and improvement opportunities
- Identify cost reduction opportunities to achieve financial goals
- Recruit and nurture additional purchasing talent
- Foresee trends and predict alterations in the negotiating ability of suppliers and clients
- Act as a leader for the finance organization in Nashville as Eventbrite hires other functions in that location
THE SKILL SET
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or a related field
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in managing purchasing function and organization, preferably purchasing experience at a technology company
- Strong expertise in purchasing of at least two of the following: Software, Professional Services, Contingent and Contract labor, Marketing
- Experience with purchasing tools and software
- In-depth knowledge of contracts, invoicing, and negotiation terms
- Superb communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Outstanding negotiation skills