?We are looking for Procurement Clerk for our client in Germantown?,? MD
Job Title: Procurement Clerk
Job Location: ??Germantown?,? MD
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
?US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
- Provides effective and efficient purchasing and administrative support to procurement.
- Requisition Technicians will support the management of multiple activities across the lifecycle of the Purchase Order. This potentially includes creating requisitions, amending requisitions, entry of requisitions, requisition reporting, receiving and tracking requisitions, monitoring open requisitions and resolving issues.
- Assist programs with the submittal of complete and accurate Purchase Requests; help to train site personnel on submitting accurate requests
- Expediently resolve requisition issues by first speaking directly with the project points of contact and then following up with an email.
- Supports all business groups in the creation and management of Purchase Requisitions in the procurement system
- Monitors requisitions in the buyer's area to ensure requisitions are assigned to buyers.
- Assisting with the preparation of cloud storage and files.
- Performs data entry to close out purchase orders and then maintain accurate records and logs of closed purchase orders
- Enter parts and maintain accurate parts master
- Provides assistance to project or organization Requisitioner to ensure parts descriptions are accurate and contains adequate logistics requirements and definitions
- Performs continual review over the material inventorydatabase and updates computer records as required.
- Initiates actions to correct parts catalog errors, and documentation errors, and coordinates with receiving and project contacts to ensure accuracy of parts and material descriptions.
- Communicate with department supervisors or other personnel to assess progress and discuss needed changes
- Back-up for Receiver
- Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- High school degree or equivalent training/experience and 3 years of experience. Requires knowledge of computer operating software programs. Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
- Knowledge of Costpoint is beneficial.