Freeman is seeking a Category Manager to be responsible for the strategic management of select spend categories within Professional Services. These activities include, but are not limited to: category planning, spend analytics, sourcing activities, transactional activities, and other procurement activities. This role supports a number of departments at the company as spend category resource to improve quality, maximize customer service, value creation, and reduce supplier and transactional costs. Duties include:
- Develop and execute category plans for local, regional, and national initiatives as required. Support implementation of various sourcing and/or procurement tools and systems as may be required. Ensure that the category plan(s) delivers significant savings with the right trade off in cost, quality, and operational impact.
- Develop plan to provide visibility to specific sub-category strategic spends, supplier summaries, stakeholder engagement plans, contract summaries and market insights.
- Identify and lead applicable resources to execute initiatives, manage supplier relationships as it relates to administrative and operational activities and issues
- Develop and/or co-develop with the Strategic Sourcing team, the sourcing strategy for the category, through establishing and leading cross-functional group collaboration. Communicate, monitor and aggressively manage the process from concept through to fruition.
- Establish solid working relationships with internal and external partners across multiple functions. Proactively manage internal and external customer expectations
- Manage overall data collection and bid processes, including determination of comparison of services and products offered from a sourcing/category perspective, supplier outreach and establishing a bid list, data collection and RFQ process, evaluation of proposals with the business units to identify best business solution
- Ensure contracting and procurement standards, policies and procedures are maintained and followed throughout the portfolio.
- Work proactively with outside consulting organizations related to any sourcing or procurement strategy as may be required.
- Assess and build annual category initiatives that provide detailed service commodity strategies that identify objectives, leveraged spend initiative, and milestone timelines
- Conduct local and regional Preferred Supplier performance review meetings, manage supplier scorecards, contract compliance and service obligations.
Supplier Relationship Management:
- Manage relationships with key suppliers ensuring they meet quality and service requirements maintaining competiveness.
- Evaluate supplier performance: monitor supplier activity relative to pricing, contractual obligation, delivery, scheduling and productivity
- Work with business units/suppliers to correct major or repetitive supply issues reducing overall risk to the company.
- Manage any supplier implementation by building a strong working relationship with business unit internal customers.
- Track, verify and report saving projections and results
- Remain current on supply market trends, supplier economics, and category management best practices.
- Identify sourcing best practices to supported business units and other functions within the business unit’s organization. Act as the liaison between business unit management and the supplier(s).
- Support e-commerce procurement initiatives and supplier diversity programs, as may be defined.
- Become a category SME for the company.
Quality and Product Development:
- Participate in the process of Product Development and Implementation, where applicable, for new products or offering.
- Reports and escalates issues appropriately and timely while independently engaging with appropriate departments.
- Support e-commerce procurement initiatives and supplier diversity programs as may be defined.
- Responsible for management and reconciliation of product quality issues should they arise.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college or university
- 5+ years related experience in procurement related to strategic sourcing, operational procurement and vendor management
- Excellent understanding of procurement processes, complex categories, industry, and complex suppliers.
- Excellent business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint) and supply chain modeling skills. Strong knowledge, use and influence of procurement tools and applications.
- Excellent communication skills, including presentation and negotiation abilities. Strong Project Management Skills
- Demonstrated collaboration, analytical, and communication skills
- Demonstrated understanding of the Category Management processes. Experience implementing category strategy for operational performance improvement and savings
- Experience with implementation and management of procurement systems such as SAP, Coupa, Oracle, PeopleSoft or other ERP systems
- Experience with Six Sigma or other process improvement methods is preferred
- Experience establishing and leveraging close, professional relationships with internal customers who drive business and spending decisions
- Experience with categories, such as, but not limited to: Professional Services, Travel, MRO and Material Handling
- CPM, CPSM, CPP, or APICS preferred