About this role: Experienced Procurement professional,responsible for leading procurement sourcing projects and negotiations in the Corporate Travel and Corporate Services categories. Provides leadership to establish and drive procurement strategies in various indirect spend categories. Utilizeexperience tosupport and establish procurement strategies working very closely with the Global Travel Management team. Expected to deliver value through the implementation of effective negotiation strategies that reduce both organizational costs andrisks while improving vendor performance and encouraging innovation from the supply base.
What you’ll do:
- Lead sourcing and contract award process for travel categories, such as travel management, global air, charter, hotel, ground transportation, extended stay providers, etc.; and corporate service categories (such as office supplies, consulting/professional services, etc.)
- Use sourcing methodologies to develop strategies that enable effective negotiations, reduction in total cost of ownership, vendor management and process improvement
- Possess competencies and knowledge in contract development, including key contracting principles, standard terms, laws/regulations and industry standards
- Ensure all spend in commodity area is under Procurement management
- Ensure vendor stability and a fair, ethical and level playing field.
- Maintain knowledge of current trends, vendor capabilities and changes within the categorylandscape for traditional and emerging solutions
- Build strong partnerships across geographically dispersed internal stakeholders and lead/project manage sourcing initiatives.
- Work with Gartner’s Legal, Risk and IT Security teams to mitigate risk through the review of both legal and business terms
- Communicate effectively with suppliers, associate and leadership
- Responsible for the administration of Delegation of Authority to ensure appropriate signatory
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of corporate travel sourcing and contracting experience in a corporate environment
- 5+ years of generalist indirect category management experience in categories such as, Corporate Services, HR, Consulting and Professional Services
- Experience in developing category strategies and developing and administering RFx processes
- Understanding of business law, legal contracts and financial analysis.
- Strong negotiation skills; expert understanding of terms, conditions, and contracting techniques for managing risk
- Expert-level financial and analytical skills; embraces fact?based decision making; naturally seeks to leverage and/or integrate market data, spend analytics, and cost modeling;
- Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills; comfortable and credible with both internal stakeholders and external audiences;
- Proven ability to collaborate with stakeholders and maintain successful working relationships with Category Business Leaders within the Finance, Travel, and other Corporate Services organizations
- Strong project management skills, including stakeholder, timeline, and meeting management skills;
- Planning and organizational skills with an ability to handle a multitude of projects required
- Ability to work with and lead geographically dispersed cross-functional teams to achieve company goals
- High standards of integrity
- High energy level and strong self-motivation
- Creativity and ability to be innovative in finding solutions
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
Who you are:
- Highly motivated performer, with a demonstrated ability to influence and lead others while also working independently in a fast paced environment
- Strong communicator in both oral and written, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to successfully prioritize and solve for complex problems, factoring instances of ambiguity and unexpected change
- Teachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility, and a positive outlook in the face of challenges.
Job Requisition ID:G22527