The Procurement Business Manager is a position in the Procurement Department under the Office of the Chief Operating Officer. The incumbent reports to the Director of Procurement and provides fundamental advice to the Office of Procurement and other business owners.
The Procurement Business Manager will also be responsible for leading and coordinating the key procurement business initiatives, projects and programs within the Procurement Department. This position will work with the Director of Procurement to build the business function and to integrate it within Procurement and across PCORI. This position will be responsible for performing a range of tasks to ensure the operational excellence, the achievement of key departmental goals and to generate efficiency and productivity within the Procurement department. This position will involve extensive collaboration with PCORI departmental leaders and staff and also current and potential suppliers to manage the operational needs of Procurement and to promote and communicate the value that the Department’s operations provides.
These initiatives or programs include, but are not limited to the following:
- Procurement Contract Closeout Program
- Supplier Management Program (supplier diversity, building the supply chain, performance, and evaluation)
- Data Management, Reporting and Dissemination
- Project Leader Development and Training Program
- Procurement Performance Management Program
- Development and Management of the Annual Procurement Plan
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as a strategic business partner and team lead in the development and management of procurement-related projects and initiatives. Collaborates and establishes relationships with the Business owners and other stakeholders when deemed necessary.
- Develops and provides oversight to Procurement’s Supplier Diversity & Management Program which includes, but is not limited to implementing a cohesive strategy, conducting stakeholder engagement, relationship & capacity building and building an effective governance infrastructure.
- Ability to serve as a team lead and possesses practical knowledge in the planning and coordination of activities for business, procurement/contract management-related training, education and other technical programs and projects
- Prepares and manages complex reports that includes the findings, information, and recommendations supporting performance management. Compiles, manages, analyzes data and synthesizes information covering cost savings and other performance management metrics in coordination with developed tracking tools.
- Reviews and evaluates operational policies and procedures to determine gaps where additional guidance is needed. Drafts, formulates and recommends additional policies, procedures or issues modifications to existing policies/procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness of procurement operations.
Incumbent(s) in this position may be required to perform other duties and special assignments not specifically stated above.
Statements outlined in this section are designated as essential job functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- Knowledge of the business and procurement/contract policies, theories, dynamics and factors to enable the professional and independent handling of related programs and functions;
- Exceptional project management skills, including the ability to plan, organize and manage multiple projects of various scope in a cross functional environment. Ability to negotiate effectively with management to accept and implement recommendations where proposals may involve important organizational resources and extensive systematic changes;
- Evaluating, implementing, administering, and carrying out training activities of an organization, division or department;
- Knowledge of developing and managing a strong network of diverse suppliers to engage and to introduce to PCORI’s programmatic and operational stakeholders and key internal customers;
- Ability to effectively and independently analyze, and communicate sound recommendations on, highly complex and sensitive business/ industry and procurement/contractual- issues/policies;
- Researches, learns and applies a wide range of qualitative and/or quantitative methods to identify, assess, analyze and improve team effectiveness, efficiency and work products;
- Strong verbal skills and writing ability, sufficient to speak and write convincingly to audiences with divergent and conflicting views, on issues involved;
- Bachelor's degree required, post graduate degree or professional certifications (preferred)
- 5+ years of experience in Supplier Diversity and healthcare industry (preferred)
- 5+ years of developing, scheduling, evaluating, and facilitating training and coordinating plans, programs, standards, and procedures for training
- Excellent oral, written presentation and communication skills
- Mastery of project management principles and procedures in a business and operational environment.