Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
5 - 7 years
Posted 92 days ago
At Zones, we enable positive business outcomes through innovative solutions that leverage technology from world-class partners and exceptional service from our team of certified sales, engineering, and supply chain specialists.
nfrastructure, the services division of Zones, is comprised of more than 400 systems engineers, solution architects, and technical specialists who design and deploy solutions in support of our clients’ digital workplace modernization, network optimization, data center transformation, and security fortification initiatives. Our values are simple: work together, learn together – and succeed together. We promote a high-spirited working environment, where teams can collaborate and learn from each other. That’s how we’ve innovated, adapted, and grown for over 30 years.
The Procurement and Supply Chain Manager position searches for the highest quality tools to provide our talented workforce, which helps Zones serve its customers with the best solutions available. This position works with a wide repertoire of people, from external vendors to the team of accomplished individuals you will be joining at Zones. We are looking for someone who can interact with this wide assortment of people, and find a way to add value to these relationships. Primarily, you will assist your team through coaching and mentoring opportunities, as well as challenging current models to bring a new perspective to the solutions process. Our company and this team are constantly evolving. Consequently, we are looking for someone who thrives on change and understands our industry to facilitate this transformation, and push for new strategies to augment Zones’ efficiency and effectiveness year after year. Essential tasks for the Purchasing Manager include improving sourcing, order fulfillment, and supplier & inventory management practices.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Procurement and Supply Chain Manager is primarily responsible for:
· Develop and deliver a high performing work team that meets and exceeds departmental goals and objectives.
· Provide function expertise and leadership in software and hardware sourcing, supplier management, inventory management and TCO (total cost of ownership) reduction for assigned categories and/or brands.
· Provide purchasing leadership to internal stakeholders and suppliers.
· Identify and implement process and procedure improvements.
· Seek out and hire people who are dedicated to delivering Five-Star service to customers
· Engage in career development conversations, which include setting goals and assessing performance
· Identify sourcing strategies that maximize the relationship with Zones and our customers
· Communicate with suppliers to identify performance trends
· We are seeking candidates with the following experience and skills
· BA in Business, Purchasing, Marketing, Merchandising, Material Management, or a related field
· CPM preferred
· A minimum of 5-7 years of progressively responsible purchasing experience including management responsibilities
· Proven track record for successful supplier management, managing purchasing operations, sourcing initiatives and cost savings
· IT hardware and software purchasing and program knowledge with major OEMs/publishers
· Must work with a sense of urgency and excel in a dynamic, fast-paced growth environment
· Experience in building or transforming procurement organizations
· Proven leadership skills, professional presence, and presentation and/or public speaking skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills to partner and build relationships with internal customers and key stakeholders
· Strategic thinker - anticipates and develops business opportunities and priorities for future action, while executing on concrete business objectives during the fiscal year
· Results orientated, demonstrating organizational agility, removing obstacles to achieve objectives
· Must work with a sense of urgency and excel in a dynamic, fast-paced growth environment experience in contract negotiation and administration and proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel are required
· A good knowledge of general principles of purchasing law is preferred
· Experience in building or transforming procurement organization is highly desirable
· Inventory management experience a plus
Technology Focus & Requirements
Candidates must have software buying and program knowledge with major publishers like Microsoft, VMWare, Symantec and Adobe
At Zones, we take great pride in offering a full spectrum of comprehensive, flexible benefit programs to our employees:
· Medical/dental/vision coverage
· 401(k) plan with matching provision
· Life insurance
· Paid vacation time
· Financial protection benefits
· Group discounts & perks
· Wellness programs
· And more
Zones is also proud to be a certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE), Corporate Plus member of the Northwest MSDC (Minority Supplier Development Council), and Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEOE) committed to diversity and inclusion. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We offer employment and advancement opportunities to every applicant.
Come join our team. Let’s talk.