The Senior Procurement Analyst will act as a flexible resource to support the Procurement Department across multiple spend categories by conducting Requests-For-Proposal (RFP), analyzing RFP results, and presenting RFP results to stakeholders. They will also provide supplier research, spend analysis, commodity price analysis & supplier and contract management.
- Utilize a multi-step strategic sourcing process to procure products and services (not for resale) that ensures Company obtains the best value for its money
- Able to operate independently to manage complex projects from initiative kick-off to supplier award and implementation and contracting
- Manage several concurrent sourcing and contracting projects, ensuring that all customer needs are understood, and structure and resource projects accordingly to deliver these requirements.
- Will be required to comfortably interface with senior stakeholders within the Company organization
- Organize stakeholder meetings to scope out procurement initiative objectives and timeline
- Design, develop and issue RFPs to suppliers for the purposes of price discovery and vendor evaluation on both quantitative and qualitative measures
- Researches supply markets, uncovering sound sources of supplier information to develop lists of potential suppliers. Compiles findings in comprehensive industry research memos.
- Identifies and validates cost saving opportunities from existing suppliers and available data, including possible methods to harvest savings.
- Assist in the negotiation of pricing and contract terms with suppliers
- Analyze RFP results, and present results to stakeholders for supplier award decisions
- Work with legal to draft vendor agreements
- Monitors raw material and commodity price indices, and validates supplier price changes according to negotiated escalator/de-escalator clauses
- Manages tracking and collection of vendor rebates
- Provides administrative support for maintaining corporate purchasing card program
- Assists with supplier performance reviews, monitors supplier performance against stakeholder requirements and identifies any potential supplier performance issues
- Bachelors Degreerequired, preferably in Business, Math, Finance, Supply Chain, Economics or Engineering. MBA degree is a plus.
- Understanding of a multi-step strategic sourcing process
- Ability to manage day to day stakeholder and supplier relationships
- Intermediate to expert level user of SAP, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel
- Excellent analytical and investigative skills
- The ability to work unsupervised and self-directed with limited oversight
- Experience of working in a commercially focused environment
- Four to seven years of work experience, preferably with at least two years working with procurement of indirect goods and services