Title: Procurement Analyst
Location: 124 Quarry Rd, Trumbull, CT 06611
Provide technical leadership and assistance to facilitate strategic sourcing work transition initiatives for Aftermarket and/or Production Operations.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Develop and lead production transition plans considering part/process qualification requirements, tooling, FAI, capacity analysis, and supply-base capabilities.
2. Work transitions can be Make to Buy, Buy to Buy, Buy to Make or Make to Make.
3. Investigate/resolve part producibility issues and assist with the improvement of processes, tool, fixtures and gages to support work transition and ongoing production
4. Assess supplier capabilities and align/match resource packages of parts accordingly.
5. Review key helicopter dynamic component/assembly technical and production processing data for classification and placement into common part families for resourcing projects in support of UTC cost reduction objectives.
6. Participate in ASQR-01 supplier audits, assessments, supplier development and improvement initiatives.
7. Provide technical assistance to Buyers to help facilitate purchase order placement and resolution of Supplier technical issues
8. Develop and implement supplier/internal continuous improvement strategies for the entire part/product value-chain to achieve the Supplier gold performance levels/certification of key suppliers
9. Provide lean process assistance and technical manufacturing engineering leadership for suppliers to ensure flawless execution for on-time delivery, quality and cost/lead-time reduction.
* Bachelors* Degree with 3 to 5 years* relevant experience Required
* Solid working knowledge of engineering drawings/technical data, manufacturing processes, tools, fixtures, inspection methods, etc. in addition to root cause analysis, process improvement techniques and cost analysis.
* Strong interpersonal skills, project management, and the ability to work with Suppliers to motivate and encourage them to meet ACE Gold levels of performance.
* Strong working knowledge of product/component design, quality and manufacturing processes.
* Strong knowledge of FAA regulations as it pertains to manufacturing and repairs.
* Understanding of the principals of lean manufacturing, the ACE process/tools, value stream mapping, and process certification.