??We are looking for Procurement Analyst for our client in Reading, PA
Job Title: Procurement Analyst
Job Location: Reading, PA
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
?US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
- Responsibilities include support of the procurement of materials, services, and supplies. Contacts supplier, secures bids, and places orders.
- Expedites the orders by suppliers to meet production.
- May substitute some items without approval.
- Has authority to commit organization to purchases up to a moderate dollar amount.
- Negotiates favorable terms, volume discounts and long-term contracts with suppliers for the procurement of goods, services and supplies.
- Discusses defects and delivery problems with suppliers, and is responsible for negotiating refunds. Uses existing reporting tools to analyze procurement activity for the purpose of process evaluation and continuous improvement.
- Perform all other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Four-year college degree strongly preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Three or more years of procurement experience
- Knowledge of computer logic, software applications and maximum equipment utilizationrequired.
- Working knowledge of purchasing systems, policies, procedures and practices.
- Quantitative and analytical skills.
- Ability to work and solve problems effectively in a production oriented environment.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Ability to negotiate.