Does this sound like you?Are you ambitious? Want to make a difference in people’s lives? Do you thrive in an environment that leverages your abilities as a fast learner, good listener, and problem-solver? If you love challenges, relish complexity, and have moxie, consider applying your unique talents with a Hawaii banking leader – Bank of Hawaii. Here you can be at the forefront of whatever you do. Welcome to your tomorrow!
A day in your life as a Procure To Pay Process Manager:Under the direction of the Manager, this position is responsible for the strategic management and execution of all procurement and accounts payables activities for Bank of Hawaii. Where applicable and appropriate, assists in business unit’s compliance with applicable laws, regulations, regulatory requirements and Bank policies and procedures, including but not limited to those related to Fair Banking, Anti-Money Laundering laws and regulations, Bank Secrecy Act and USA PATRIOT Act.
We’ll give you these importantresponsibilities…
- Manages the Procure to Pay (P2P) strategy for maximum shareholder value. Executes and operationalizes the strategy through continuous assessments, process improvements, systems enhancement, policies & procedures documentation, and risk management. Manages Enterprise Procurement and Accounts Payable departments.
- Directs all aspects of corporate centralized purchasing and accounts payable, working in tandem with Enterprise Vendor Risk Management & Sourcing (EVRMS) department to maximize value while minimizing expense. Understands the latest P2P technology innovations and methodologies. Drives technology adoption and changes to improve efficiency, effectiveness and quality. Manages and oversees daily operations.
- Manages corporate procurement spend, including insuring savings generated through sourcing activities and arrangements are realized at payment. Provides financial analysis for short-term and long-term forecasting, planning and decisioning. Develops and manages Key Performance Indicators and monitors relevant productivity and operational metrics. Provides recommendations and implements improvements as appropriate.
- Works closely with EVRMS to manage corporate risk and ensures compliance with regulatory requirements. Accountable for strong stakeholder relationships and ability to collaborate with executive/senior management, business units, internal/external legal counsel, consultants, etc., to support corporate procure to pay strategy.
- Responsible for the management of all employees in the team including staffing and scheduling, compensation, performance management, training and development. Goal is to attract retain and motivate the team to achieve management business objectives and maintain a favorable employee relations climate. Responsible for the timely and effective management of Human Resources forms and documents relevant to immediate staff.
- Partner with and provide management reporting oversight of assigned business units for analytics, reporting, and recommendations.
…if you come to us with these qualifications…
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution with major in finance, accounting or related subject preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Professional Certification such as Certified Contract Manager or Certified Professional Purchasing Manager, etc. preferred.
- Minimum 8 years of work experience with responsibility for corporate procurement and acquisitions, contract/vendor negotiation, legal contracts, accounting/finance, accounts payable management and/or vendor management, P2P responsibilities or equivalent work experience; and minimum 2 years of work experience process management or equivalent work experience.
- Should include minimum 5 years of management/leadership experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency and expertise with personal computers networked environment and Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint) or similar software.
- Knowledge of or ability to use Bank software and systems.
Other Job Qualifications:
- Must possess strong knowledge of P2P systems, controls and processes, financial analysis, financial management, accounting principles and practices.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills, including negotiation and presentation skills.
- Must have excellent problem solving skills and be able to develop effective solutions that consider efficiency, internal controls, and impact to financial results.
- Requires the ability to make projections and exercise sound judgment.
- Able to work effectively with department staff, as well as those outside immediate area, including all levels of management.
- Must be analytical, detail oriented, organized, and independent.
- Able to meet deadlines and handle multiple priorities, while managing group.
- Able to work flexible hours including holidays, weekends and evenings as needed.