The Processing Engineer position fills a crucial role at Modus by making tactical development contributions while providing support for our various mission critical products and services. This includes crafting custom solutions for our internal and external clients, triaging and resolving high priority issues, and researching and vetting new technologies.
- Work independently to analyze and resolve production/application issues, coordinating with internal customer teams.
- Provide prompt, clear and timely communications of issues and resolution status to Client Services and Operations team members in order to ensure client requirements are met.
- Maintain deep understanding of our company’s web-based, client-facing products as well as internal production line systems.
- Identify and work with other teams to generate and implement creative solutions for improving existing processes and technology.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced, high pressure environment while maintaining thorough attention to detail.
- Must be able to rapidly master newly introduced systems and process changes.
- Outstanding client-focus and ability to deliver quality work within hard deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively and proactively in written and verbal interactions, with an aptitude for explaining technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Outstanding troubleshooting, problem solving, and data analysis skills.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year professional level work experience
- Previous experience in a client service oriented field preferred
- Willingness and ability to learn new skills be personable, articulate, knowledgeable and professional in presenting oneself in a professional setting
- Ability to learn skills quickly
- Flexibility in dealing with simultaneous projects
- Attention to detail
- Ability to function with a high level of patience, tact and diplomacy in handling any “complaint” situations
- Ability to lift or move 40 lbs. or greater
- Fine and/or gross motor skills, including the ability to grasp, lift and/or carry or otherwise move packages on a standard wheeled cart with a load capacity of 100 lbs.
- Ability to walk, bend, kneel, stand, and/or sit for an extended period of time
- Manual dexterity required for operating office machinery (phone, copy machines, binding equipment, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products pertaining to the specific position including but not limited to Outlook, Word, and Excel, etc.
- Reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required
- Able to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences
- Able to speak clearly so listeners understand, identify and understand the speech of another person
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong initiative required; ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision