We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future! Where the Chemistry Happens… The position is located in Beaumont, TX and is a part of BASF’s Agricultural Solutions division. We develop and produce innovative chemistries providing herbicides to assists farmers in meeting the growing demand for improved agricultural productivity. BASF Agricultural Solutions’ mission is to help today’s growers meet the challenges of tomorrow’s hungry world. We are seeking an individual to support the Dicamba, DMTA & Formulations Filling & Packing Operation Teams in the manufacture of Active Ingredients & Formulations to meet customer requirements and optimize for efficiency and effectiveness of operations. He /she will support the Units, Technology & serve as the technical interface to the Process Development Group. The Process Technology Specialist provides analysis, coordination, support and leadership to enable the site to achieve best in class status in the areas of asset management, technology deployment, operational excellence, process improvement and process safety. This position is responsible for driving the development, coordination and implementation of processes, initiatives and projects within the site.
Formula for Success: You Will…
- Provide technical leadership and expertise in regards to the short and long range planning of production requirements, processes and staffing.
- Utilize technical process knowledge to drive optimization and innovation initiatives to ensure production meets customer requirements.
- Utilize laboratory expertise and technical knowledge to develop and execute experiments in the Process Improvement Lab (PIL) to reduce Cost Of Goods, increase Production Capacity, and solve /troubleshoot issues in the units.
- Provide technical expertise in support of capital projects providing front end development and justification and will partner with Operations, Maintenance and Engineering with the execution and start up activities.
- Support the effort for the Process Hazard Analysis and Process Safety Management processes and work closely with the EH&S Specialists to ensure site compliance. Support the BASF Process Safety Program (e.g. maintain an open process safety culture, Zero Incident Mindset, establish appropriate personal and departmental goals, provide and complete training, monitor performance and report and investigate incidents).
- Support and participate in the site OSHA PSM, EPA RMP and RCMS programs.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry and minimum 5+ years of experience in a chemical/petrochemical or other similar manufacturing environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written) to build and maintain relationships with both internal BASF employees and external customers.
- Strong project management experience, in particular front end development, process design, cost and optimization.
- Excellent leadership skills for influencing and conflict/problem resolution.
- Analytical skills.
- Financial aptitude with the ability to manage budgets and develop long and short strategies in conjunction with the Commercial group to meet business growth.
- Customer focused with the ability to drive innovation.
- Familiar with ISO, PHA, HAZOP, PSM, RCMS, RMP and SIS.
- Lean and Six Sigma Certified - minimum Green Belt preferred.
Job ID: EN_US_1702893