Tempo Automation is the worlds fastest electronics manufacturer. Our software-driven smart factory in the heart of San Francisco merges data, analytics, and automation to deliver new levels of speed, quality, and insights. We make it possible for the worlds leading companies in aerospace, medical technology, industrial technology, and beyond, bring new innovations to the market faster and better than ever before.
We are seeking a knowledgeable and collaborative Process/SMT Engineer to join our Factory Systems team. You will be responsible for monitoring, improving and updating our current manufacturing processes while assisting in validations, training, equipment repairs, audits, and much more!
- Create standardized and optimized programs for SMT assembly equipment such as solder paste printing, solder paste inspection and pick & place.
- Define manufacturing assembly processes (including profile creation) that leads to zero waste and high yields.
- Lead or participate time studies and process/layout flow reviews to establish standard workflow rate and provide modification recommendations to improve efficiencies for throughput
- Improve capacity and capability by implementing new equipment through detailed research, analysis, installation, qualification, programming, process optimization, standard operating procedure (SOP) development and operator training.
- Analyze and recommend appropriate hardware/software technology for optimizing quality and efficiency
- 5+ years PCBA experience in SMT and/or PTH technologies
- Experience working in a team environment
- Knowledge of re-flow profile creation and troubleshooting
- Proven track record in handling engineering processes as a whole
- Flexible Vacation - We understand the importance of disconnecting and trust you to manage your time and get your work done. We offer salaried employees an open vacation policy.
- Generous Benefits - We value healthy and happy employees. We offer a 401(k) and cover 100% of employees premium for our competitive base health, dental, and vision package.
- Flexible Stock Options - We view options as real compensation. We allow employees who leave after two years of service to exercise their options for up to 7 years.
- Snacks & Weekly Lunches - We offer a stacked snack pantry and free company-wide lunch on Fridays.
- San Francisco Office Location - We offer a convenient location with access to Muni, BART and the freeway.
- Commuter Benefits - However you get to work, we want to help! We offer all salaried and hourly employees commuter benefits to assist with their journey to and from work.
- Parental Leave - We know you need time to welcome and celebrate each new addition to your family. We offer paid parental leave to make this possible.
- Transparent and Social Culture - We work better when were all on the same page. We have regular company-wide meetings to review milestones and metrics, and biweekly socials so our employees have the opportunity to interact with team members from different parts of the company.