Provide process safety and risk management leadership to achieve global HSE performance goals and drive continuous improvement.
- Serve as the company’s knowledgeable process safety and risk management expert(s); engage manufacturing sites and capital project teams.
- Actively process safety based drive Learning from Experience and Technology and Knowledge Management
- Act as document owner of Operational Excellence Process Safety standards.
- Actively participate in the Global Core and/or Extended Process Safety Network.
- Analyze company’s process safety performance using lagging and leading indicators; develop and implement action plans and programs to drive performance.
- Assess and prioritize company- wide process safety risks; lead or support the development of action plans including the LRP and capital approval processes.
- Lead or support process safety engineering activities including facility siting, safety instrumented systems, relief & flare studies, etc.
- Be fully knowledgeable in all applicable process safety laws, codes, laws, regulations, consensus standards, recommended practices, and guidelines.
- Develop and deliver process safety and risk management training programs
- Participate in audits and incident investigations.
- Provide leadership for the company Loss Prevention program.
- Provide technical oversight for the related insurance programs.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience is required
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline, Chemistry or Physics.
- A Professional Registration is a plus.
- Technically trained in an engineering discipline with a process engineering background.
- Ability to lead through influence.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Thorough knowledge of process safety methods and systems.
- Ability to drive multiple initiatives and programs.
- Good understanding of business objectives and the ability to prioritize initiatives and the application of resources.
- Drive company values.
- Ability to handle diversity in the work place.
- Ability to translate working knowledge of the business into clear and specific strategies.
- Ability to utilize functional knowledge expertise to contribute to the success of the business.
- Have courage to bring conflicts to the surface and resolve them effectively.
- Encourage creativity, innovation, and continuous improvement.
- Have an excellent customer focus to ensure that services are delivered in a cost effective way.