When you join the Albemarle team, you contribute to a better tomorrow. You will play a role in powering many of the world’s largest and most critical industries, from energy and communications to transportation and electronics. We are putting innovation to work to improve people’s lives and we want YOU to be a part of it.
The Process Safety Advisor is responsible for creating, maintaining, and managing the Process Safety Program at New Johnsonville, TN, as described below.
Process Safety Procedures/Program ?
- Develop/implement process safety programs and procedures to meet local and corporate requirements?
- Establish KPI, goals, and metrics to measure process safety performance and communicate status?
- Set criteria and example to incorporate process safety elements into Operations SOPs?
- Monitor and comment on new corporate procedures?
- Site representative for PSM related issues, attend corporate events and external training?
- Process Safety Information/Document Management?
- Create physical and electronic document management systems for PSI, PHA, etc.?
- Establish processes within Engineering and Operations to ensure PSI is current and updated with new or modified equipment?
- Manage system and ensure completeness?
- Perform PSV sizing as necessary?
- Engage outside resources to perform Reactive Hazards Evaluations when necessary?
- Process Hazard Analyses ?
- Develop and communicate PHA schedule, facilitate and/or conduct PHAs?
- Coordinate review and comment on draft PHA reports?
- Participate in developing appropriate safeguards and corrective actions?
- Manage audit CAPA and track progress?
- Manage PHA documents and ensure they are properly referenced in MOC and new project reviews?
- Develop systems to ensure proper and timely PHA review conducted on capital projects?
- PS Incidents?
- Review incident reports to determine if any are “PSM” incidents?
- Participate/review incident investigation and RCA development?
- Insure proper documentation of PSM incidents including CAs?
- Communicate incident and findings internally and externally?
- Establish systems and conduct periodic internal audits of PSM program elements; facilitate/support external audits?
- Lead site review of auditreports and provide comments?
- Develop CAPA for audit findings and monitor status of CAs?
- Management of Change?
- Manage electronic MOC system?
- Train new MOC approvers?
- Create/update procedures and forms for MOC and PSSR?
- Audit MOC performance, establish and report on KPI?
- Facility Siting?
- Develop site procedure?
- Review site facility siting information during MOC, PHAs and capital project reviews to ensure requirements are met?
- Operator PSM Training?
- Develop training program for process safety (TRB, refresher, and special topics) training?
- Monitor progress of training effort; ensure all documentation requirements were met, following corporate or regulatory requirements?
- Mechanical Integrity?
- Provide guidance and support for Maintenance Engineering’s MI program, including critical equipment designations?
- Consequence Analyses?
- Perform (or coordinate use of external resource) to perform consequence analyses?
- Develop mitigation plans?
- BS in Chemical Engineering or closely related discipline?
- Minimum of 2 years of experience managing Process Safety Management programs or 5 years chemical manufacturing experience in PSM covered processes?
- Modeling software?
- Experience leading or participating in PHA’s?
- Experience leading or participating in LOPA’s?