Provides field coordination for MarkWest Energy (MWE) process safety management (PSM) programs and ensures compliance with Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) regulations and company standards and to support attainment of PSM objectives. Enhances MWE’s process safety culture through targeted interactions with employees and other initiatives. Maintains PSM programs and associated records.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains and coordinates implementation of process safety management (PSM) policies, processes and procedures. Conducts field compliance audits, and supports Corporate PSM audit activities.
- Monitors and reports on performance of site process safety programs. Formulates recommendations based on findings and supports the timely resolution of issues by the business. Participates in safety-related committees as required.
- Serves as resource for process safety training and knowledge development. Mentors, coaches and trains applicable employee on process safety-related issues
- Works with Operations to ensure procedures and operating equipment limits have been reviewed and risk-assessed
- Supports PSM metrics generation and seeks to identify problems and opportunities for improving process safety performance
- Supports Process Hazard Analysis (PHA). Maintains schedule and ensures schedule is met. Coordinates and may help facilitate HAZOPs (Hazard & Operability Analysis), HAZIDs (Hazard Identification) and job safety analysis. Coordinates documentation, report findings and recommendations. Tracks actions to completion. Helps operations resolve outstanding issues
- Coordinates and supports the Management of Change (MOC) process
- Supports the incident investigation process, specifically participating in PSM relevant investigation.
- Travel 20%-30%
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year College or university, preferably in the field of safety / environmental science, physical, natural science or engineering and five years related experience and/or training in the oil & gas industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have previous experience working with PSM elements or at a regulated PSM/RMP facility and have knowledge of OSHA, PSM, API, HAZOPS, PHA’s..
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Job will require public speaking engagements and participation at various meetings with all levels of management and personnel.
- Must have the ability to prepare reports and other various types of documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Must be able to properly analyze process safety related information and present findings in a clear and concise manner.
- Must be proficient in conducting onsite assessments and evaluations as they relate to safety and process safety management items.
- Must have above average computer skills to include knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe. SharePoint knowledge a plus.
- Must have a general understanding of the natural gas processing and gathering business.
- Must be able to exercise discretion when dealing with confidential and privileged information.
- Must be a self-starter who works well with plant personnel, management, public, regulatory agencies, and customers