- Manage, coordinate and implement all fourteen (14) elements of the OSHA Process Safety Management standard and the additional requirements of the EPArisk management Plan rule.
- Partner with design and manufacturing engineers to drive process safety improvements and compliance.
- Facilitate Risk Assessments, HAZOPs, Process Hazard Analysis (PHA), Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA) studies and Safety Relief Reviews.
- Perform process safety review/approval as part of the Management of Change (MOC) process.
- Review and approve Project Design Basis (PDB) with additional focus on deviations from Design Practices and Global Practices.
- Proficient in reading and understanding Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs).
- Collaborate with applicable Process Safety networks to maintain safety leadership and share best practices.
- Establish a process safety dashboard.
- Owning and auditing existing process safety programs site wide.
- Driving process safety corrective actions to closure.
- Setting and tracking goals and measures for PSM program improvement.
- Interpreting, communicating and facilitating timely and cost effective implementation of new requirements at the site.
- Participating in process safety audits and investigations.
- Participating on company-wide process safety networks to develop and update process safety related requirements and procedures.
- B.S. in Engineering (Chemical or Mechanical) and/or evidence of exceptional ability.
- Working knowledge of OSHA1910.119 Process Safety Management (PSM) and EPARisk Management Programs (RMP) regulations.
- 5years experienceworking withOSHA PSM.
- Ability to read and understand Process and Instrument Diagrams.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, organizational and planning skills, facilitation skills, computer skills.
- Ability to achieve results through others.
- Flexible, analytical and detailed oriented.
- Experience leading or facilitating PHAs (HAZOP) and Risk Assessment.