Process Safety Consulting Account Manager
Siemens Energy, Process Safety Consulting provides engineering and consulting services in process safety management. Through our solutions we provide clients realistic and accurate solutions, ensuring that their facility is operating within safe limits and within industry and regulatory guidelines.
We specialize in design and verification of the relief and flare systems, risk assessments ranking and concern mitigation, reliability and mechanical integrity assessments, risk based inspection program development and implementation, inspection data analysis, process safety information verification and management, PSM compliance audits, Management of Change facilitation & workflow definition, operating procedure generation, PHA, LOPA, SIL assessments, etc.
To support the ongoing growth of the business, we are seeking an Account Manager for the Process Safety Consulting practice for our North/South America business who will focus on developing and maintaining sales and business development activities within the region. The preferredlocation for this position is Houston, TX but would also consider location in California.
The selected candidate will manage accounts including Major O&G Chemicals and Midstream companies. This includes creating and executing a territory plan focused on expanding business with existing customers and developing prospective customers.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a strong team selling the best end to end industrial automation solutions in the market. Siemens is leading the charge in providing innovative solutions to bolster the manufacturing renaissance in the U.S.
- Devise and implement the market strategies and account plans to directly support and drive, development of new accounts or maintaining existing accounts.
- Identify opportunities, creating a pipeline of qualified prospects to produce profitable bookings with established forecasts and objectives for the business.
- Build, maintain and improve relationships with current and prospective customers so as to ensure Siemens is recognized as the provider of choice and maintains or gains trusted advisor / consultant status.
- Providing effective customer relationship management by working in conjunction with the delivery team and business stakeholders to deliver high levels of service, resolving issues raised by customers and to seek mutually satisfactory solutions and ensure high customer satisfaction is achieved.
- Achieving commercial and operational targets set by management, including sales pipeline, bookings, profitability, sales budget, client / market development and quality.
- Develop, maintain key account metrics and communicate clearly progress to internal and external stakeholders.
Required knowledge/skills Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of proven record of successfully developing accounts and closing sales
- BS in Engineering (Chemical or Mechanical engineering a strong preference) from an accredited university
- Proven track record of working in a sales function showing ability, and motivation to grow business delivering client focused solutions based on customer needs
- Current oil and gas industry experience in the upstream, midstream, refining or petrochemicals market verticals
- Demonstrate excellent commercial and business understanding, possess excellent communications, and planning skills, and have a confident and flexible approach to their work
- Must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing
- Availability to travel as needed. Travel is expected to be in the 30-50% range (short trips)
- Ability to obtain a TWIC card
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- Experience in Process Industry with Process Safety, Pressure Relief, and/or Mechanical Integrity Sales roles
- Direct experience in the oil and gas industry within a consulting environment, capital projects or plant operations.
- Prior experience in selling the portfolio described above
- Spanish Language Skills
- Experience in conducting business internationally, building strong business relationships, in the South American region.
Requisition Number: 220562