Wayfair is embarking on a series of strategic supply chain initiatives that we believe will create a unique competitive advantage for our business. The Process Quality Manager will play a central role in these strategic transportation initiatives, which includes taking more control over the Final Mile Home Delivery network. This person will contribute to the development of a proprietary final mile delivery network by enhancing operational processes, administrative quality, damage reduction efforts and contributing to our culture of safety.
We are looking for the right individual with an entrepreneurial spirit and deep passion for transportation and supply chain to help drive this strategic initiative for the company. This candidate must be able to thrive in an extremely fast-paced environment with Wayfair growing at an unprecedented 50% year over year. This is a highly visible and exciting role for the company and one that will offer the right candidate an opportunity to reshape one of our core operational functions.
- Develop and implement operational process improvements for US Large Parcel Home Delivery locations.
- Conduct daily/weekly/monthly site visits with HD sites to review key performance indicators and provide on-site training for management and administrative staff.
- Travel requirement: Up to 80% (as needed)
- Provide guidance and act as a consultant to help the terminal leads and admin staff develop processes to affect KPIs.
- Create reporting to be shared with other departments on the performance of a region.
- Proactively identify critical markets and work withinternal teams to get ahead of performance issues
- Alert management to any trends associated with performance and put in place corrective actions to address
- Be a thought leader around operational improvement opportunities
- BA/BS, with strong academic record or 3 years’ relevant experience.
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
- 5+ years logistics and supply chain experience, specifically in the movement of hard goods
- MBA preferred but not required
- Six Sigma Certification or process diagram experiencepreferred, but not required
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Strong negotiation skills
- Extremely organized, meticulous and detailed oriented
- Ability to work effectively with people in a cross-functional environment
- Ability to lead discussions and communicate effectively
- Entrepreneurial spirit
Requisition ID: 25834