Process - Project Engineer
5 - 7 years experience • Chemicals
BSChE with 5+ years of experience in batch organic synthesis and/or polymerization.
A background in continuous operations would also be considered.
Candidate must have a proven track record of working with operations and maintenance personnel to implement process improvements.
Familiarity with a wide range of unit operations is desired (filtration, drying, batch and continuous distillation, heat exchangers, pumps, evaporators, instrumentation and controls, etc…).
The candidate should have at least a working knowledge of the PSM standard, since this job will involve dealing with most of the elements of PSM at some level. Ideally the candidate will have worked in a PSM covered plant and has experience dealing with hazardous chemicals.
The candidate must possess excellent communication skills, as they will be interfacing with people at all levels of the company from the plant floor to senior management. This person needs to be self-motivated, able to handle multiple projects at one time, and work independently without a lot of direct supervision.
****KEY---Client needs candidates to come from a plant based position. They are not interested in candidates who spend or have spent most of their time in an office setting. P
This engineer will be working at a 150 person batch specialty chemicals plant. Approximately 50% of this person’s time will be focused on the following activities:
- Process optimization to support Operations. (cost reduction, cycle time reduction, quality improvements, waste reduction, etc…)
- Working with operators and maintenance to identify opportunities to improve process reliability.
- Process support and troubleshooting
- Participate in PHA’s, PHA re-validation, and resolving recommendations.
The other50% of this position involves:
- Basic and detailed design for capital projects including mass and energy balances, flowsheet, and P&ID development, equipment design and specification.
- Manage capital projects (typical projects are less than $500K, occasionally larger).