Foods people love. The life beyond what you imagined. And the city that rocks.
When you partner Nestlé USA and Northeast Ohio, the result is a rich experience that offers you a fulfilling personal and professional life.
Did you know that the Cleveland metropolitan area is consistently ranked as one of the most affordable and livable regions in the US? From its diverse communities to its endless arts, entertainment and sports experiences, Cleveland continues to rock.
At our Nestlé USA Cleveland campus, located in the Solon suburb of Cleveland, you will discover the ways that Nestlé USA values and supports our employees and community. Offering you a strong culture with competitive benefits, you will have limitless opportunities to learn, and advance your career. Giving back continues to be a part of the Nestlé tradition. As the world’s leading nutrition, health and Wellness Company, our focus is not only about nourishing our customers, it’s about enriching you.
The position requires strong project management, leadership, communication and presentation skills. The candidate must have a thorough knowledge of frozen/refrigerated food production equipment including both packaging and processing unit operations as well a good understanding of regulatory requirements of a food production facility as it relates to machine design and specification.
- Be a leader in the implementation of Engineering and its definition of standards, best practices and continuous improvement.
- Responsible for the life-cycle management of Projects.
- Coordinate the use of Technical Competencies and external engineering resources, as necessary to achieve the business needs.
- Support the factories on any type of engineering matters, following priorities agreed upon by Management.
- Provide updated technical advice on new technologies and opportunities, as well as specialized technical advice on equipment evaluation and specific engineering problems.
- Define, Analyze and Provide engineered solutions to specific technical problems to improve line efficiencies, reduce costs, or improve product quality.
- Attend training programs on engineering matters for the Nestle Engineering Community at factory, corporate and industrial levels.
- Control project execution in terms of the technical concept, scope, budgetschedule, design and industrialization.
- Project implementation technical support responsibility when transferring a project to the factories.
- Provide engineering design and /or technical support with regard to Safety and Environmental considerations.
- Support interaction and teamwork with other R&D facilities.
- Support interaction and teamwork with related Companies/Divisions and their factories.
- Provide cross-functional technical assistance to all Factory, Division and Corporate Engineering.
- Build teamwork by interacting with Engineering, Quality Assurance, Industrial Performance and Environment & Safety Groups.
- Support Nestlé Hygienic Engineering objectives
- Support NQMS initiatives
- Support Knowledge Management process in sharing lessons learned with your colleagues
JOB QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Knowledge):
- Engineeringdegree, Bachelor of Science or equivalent in Mechanical, Chemical, Food or Agricultural
- A minimum of 7-10 years of related engineeringexperience in the food industry. Some of the food industry experience must have been with packaging unit operation specification and/or factory implementation
- Certified PMP is a plus
- Excellent Team leadership skills
- Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to travel up to 40% worldwide
- Good knowledge of practical engineering principles.