Mechanical engineer with experience in water treatment systems. Individual will be responsible for improving equipment reliability using preventive maintenance and continually improving equipment performance.
- Utilizes drawings, manuals and technical resources to solve equipment problems.
- Develops improvement projects by creating a scope of work, costs estimate, and schedule to perform a job.
- Manages improvement projects by procuring equipment and labor to perform a job.
- Supervise contractors doing work in the field.
- Direct Union employees performing maintenance and operating work.
- Performs troubleshooting and failure analysis and creates countermeasures for system reliability improvement.
- Improve the preventive maintenance program by creating new PM’s and updating existing outdated PM’s.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience with water treatment systems. Must be familiar with water clarifiers, cooling towers, sludge handling and dewatering equipment, pumps and process control systems.
- Experience supervising maintenance and/or operations personnel.
- Experience working in an industrial environment.
- Able to problem solve and make decisions
- Able to perform failure analysis.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Experienced with CMMS maintenance systems