Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
We are hiring a Process Manager. Location: Waltham, MA
- Define, develop and embed within the business, the process framework.
- Lead the setting of and measurement of performance targets and Key Performance Indicators ensuring they reflect and drive improved process performance.
- Lead the reporting on process performance, ensuring timely and accurate progress updates, utilizing best practice reporting tools.
- On identifying a process performance issue, initiate a process performance project with the relevant business functions to conduct further analysis, identify the root cause of the issue and draw on best practice to agree the optimum corrective action.
- Develop KPIs and key milestones for change initiatives, monitoring and analyzing performance data to ensure change projects are delivering against expectations.
- Engage effectively with the business, building sustainable relationships to enable collaborative working and ensure accountability for performance and for correcting performance failures within business functions.
- Build and mobilize highly motivated, talented and innovative project teams to ensure successful delivery of process performance projects.
- Work with other Process teams internally and externally to ensure progress towards best practice.
- Assist in providing support to Process Managers within the Gas Process & Performance Team to ensure that projects are delivered on time with maximum impact.
- Responsible for scoping, analyzing and progressing process and performance improvement projects or initiatives across US GBU.
- Manages portfolio of projects, being worked on by self and others.
- Coaches and mentors project managers across various projects and initiatives within their respective portfolio.
- Supports the design and establishment of process standards and procedures to support the attainment of corporate and financial goals and requirements that reduce cost and complexity across the enterprise and align to safety and compliance standards.
- A Bachelor's degree preferably in an engineering, analytical or project management related field.
- No less than 7 years of program and project management experience.
- Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of data driven analytical and problem-solving techniques, drawing out key messages from complex data sets, ideally applied in a process/performance monitoring environment.
- Understanding of the energy sector, policy, procedures, regulatory issues and long term internal/external influences a plus.
- Wide ranging knowledge of relevant project management methods and significant experience managing project teams with cross-function projects for a large, complex organization, enabling teams to operate innovatively, effectively and efficiently.
- 2+ year supervisory / managerial experience together with effective communication skills in order to work with business and support functions to re-design business processes.
- Track record of developing successful, long-lasting relationships across the business to drive forward change initiatives, Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills to draw out key messages from large and complex datasets.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and influencing skills to engage and work alongside business function leaders to drive performance improvements and agree required changes to business processes.
- Persistence and strategic agility to develop and implement sustainable change programs, engaging others and driving change through the business.
- Strong understanding of financials and ability to make informed decisions that support continuous improvement.