Process Manager, Enterprise Consumer Payment Operations
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Process Manager, Enterprise Consumer Payment Operations, Richmond, VA
The Enterprise Consumer Payment Operations team in Commercial Operations is seeking an experienced, highly motivated process manager, with attention to detail and excellent communication skills. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in process management, including design of an effective internal control structure leveraging the latest cloud-based technologies with AWS.
This individual needs to enjoy multi-tasking, problem solving and working in a team environment. The successful candidate will manage the inbound payments process fulfillment for multiple direct electronic payment channels, partnering closely with business intent and technology partners. Interested candidates should be self-led, with superior problem-solving skills, strong business judgment and effective written and oral communication skills, especially when engaging senior management. The ideal candidate will also possess foundational knowledge of various payment channels and their operating processes, as well as an understanding of Capital One’s risk management culture and programs.
- Manage processessupporting multiple inbound electronic payment channels for US Card Operations.
- Identify and implement process improvements to enhance operations, resolve process breakdowns and drive issue resolution
- Manage issues and events resulting from process breakdowns to ensure effective containment, remediation and control enhancements
- Assess process performance leveraging data/metrics with analytical tools such as Kibana, as well as end user computing tools such as Excel and Instabase
- Maintain process documentation; including procedures, process flows, risk assessments and mitigating controls
- Assess effectiveness and implement enhancements to various controls, such as PRIME controls. Partner with both Card and Commercial BRO teams to manage control testing and documentation.
- Collaborate with other process managers in ECPO to contribute to a community of shared best practices
- Bachelors Degree or Military Experience
- At least 3 years experience in payment systems or payment operations
- At least 3 years experience in project or process management
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with cloud-based technology architecture