- Coordinates and supervises the work of process improvement teams at both the system and operating unit level.
- Utilizes lean methodologies to analyze organizational systems and processes, to make recommendations for operational improvements, and to coordinate the implementation of changes.
- Develops project approaches and prepares detailed work plans for completion of projects utilizing project charters and A3 documentation.
- Assists departmental management, senior leadership, and teams throughout the project and during implementation of recommended changes.
- Serve as a resource for education and training regarding internal process improvement tools and strategies.
- Provides technical support to performance improvement teams on the use of lean tools, coaching, and data analysis.
- Builds strong cross-functional relationships to ensure that all stakeholders are appropriately engaged.
- Presents and communicates project progress and outcomes at all levels in the organization in a professional and effective manner.
- Can operate independently and locate improvement opportunity in a healthcare setting.
- Maintains a skillset that aligns with Emory Healthcare's lean skills matrix.
- Performs other related responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor's degree in a Healthcare, Data Analysis, or Quality Improvement related field.
- Five years directly related work experience. Master's degree may substitute for experience.
- Experience as a project leader.
- Experience with Lean quality improvement methodology, data collection, and data analysis.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (Medium): 20-50 lbs; 0-33% of the work day (occasionally); 11-25 lbs, 34-66% of the workday (frequently); 01-10 lbs, 67-100% of the workday (constantly); Lifting 50 lbs max; Carrying of objects up to 25 lbs; Occasional to frequent standing & walking, Occasional sitting, Close eye work (computers, typing, reading, writing), Physical demands may vary depending on assigned work area and work tasks.