We've made a lot of progress since opening the doors in 1942, but one thing has never changed - our commitment to serve, heal, lead, educate, and innovate. We believe that every award earned, every record broken and every patient helped is because of the dedicated employees who fill our hallways.
At Ochsner, whether you work with patients every day or support those who do, you are making a difference and that matters. Come make a difference at Ochsner Health System and discover your future today!
The Manager is responsible for and leads the process improvement efforts for Ochsner Health System by effectively managing a set of value stream efforts leveraging lean six sigma core capabilities. The Manager interfaces directly with executive team to drive process improvement strategy and to efficiently achieve process improvement objectives. The Manager also leads multi-disciplinary teams to meet or exceed process improvement goals in support of OHS’s waste reduction mission.
Required - Bachelor's degree
Preferred - Master’s degree
Preferred - Additional degrees, business training experience and/or certifications may be combined to meet minimum qualifications.
Required - 7 years related experience, including experience training and deploying Lean Six Sigma principles.
Preferred - Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Must have computer skills and dexterity required for data entry and retrieval of information.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present information clearly and professionally.
- Must be proficient with Windows-style applications, various software packages specific to role and keyboard.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent judgment and organization skills.
- Professional group facilitation, decision making, and delegating skills.
- Ability to and experience working independently, setting project priorities, and influencing stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Strong sense of personal accountability for work.
- Ability to move about freely throughout the hospital or campus; transport equipment/flip charts; work environment primarily indoors.
- Leads impactful strategic initiatives ensuring program goals are achieved within budgetary, time, and organizational parameters.
- Leads program communication strategy through clear articulation of ideas to the project team and critical interfacing with senior management.
- Develops curriculum and serves as instructor for strategic program management training programs.
- Designs and conducts coaching/consulting engagements leveraging project management, change management, and process improvement core capabilities.
- Other related duties as required.