What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
International Paper?s Tracy, California box plant has an opportunity for a Process Improvement Manager. This role will utilize continuous and deliberate improvement methodologies to bring lasting change to operations and the facility overall. This position will work closely with production leadership within the organization to develop priorities and ensure that all employees are properly trained in the areas of machine operation, quality testing and continuous improvement. Effectiveness in this position will require leadership of non-subordinate employees working with and through them to develop and sustain systems. This position will report to Manufacturing Manager and works collaboratively with another PIM peer.
- Responsible for the Manufacturing Reliability, which is a plant-wide system that encompasses Inspection, Preventative Maintenance, Cleaning, productivity improvement (run rate) & Waste reduction.
- Responsible for root cause analyses and corrective actions on quality and productivity failures. Collection and trending of data is absolutely essential in this area. Conveying this data to users would be the primary focus on a weekly basis. The PIM facilitates this effort and is the single point of accountability.
- Responsible for implementing the Container Internal Auditing System (CIA). CIA is a Microsoft access program designed to generate small audits of individual standardized tasks.
- Responsible for the Tracking Incidents & Credits System (TICS). This system facilitates the tracking of customer issues and routes communication for returns, allowances and defects.
- Champion the use of Lean tools like Kaizen, 5S and Machine setup reduction. Facilitate improvement events to reduce waste and variation within the process.
- Integrally involved in waste reduction, productivity improvement and overall machine throughput
- Prepares the plant for various Food Safety and Key Element audits
- Facilitates and prepares for occasional customer visits, customer audits, press checks and recipe
- This position requires a minimum of 3 yearsexperience in manufacturing, preferably in the corrugated box industry. A bachelors degree in engineering is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in training, developing, implementing systems, facilitating improvements and influencing others
- Excellent communication skills (listening, writing, speaking) are required
- Ability to analyze, problem solve, make good decisions and implement solutions
- Attention to detail and the capability to analyze data and make sound conclusions.
- Strong Analytical Ability
- Continuous & Deliberate Improvement
- Coaching, training & mentoring
- Drive for results
- Command skills
- Computer skills
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.