Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in four categories: apparel, home, accessories and fragrances. For 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Ralph Lauren Collection, Double RL, Polo Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children's, Ralph Lauren Home, Lauren Ralph Lauren, RLX, American Living, Chaps and Club Monaco, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. #LI-SF1
The manager of process improvement will play a critical role in leading process improvement initiatives and operations analysis. Successful candidate will work with the warehouse operations teams to gain efficiency and reduce cost using various problem solving tools. This position will lead/partner a cross functional task-force on process improvement initiatives; improve processes and service levels; and reduce labor cost. This role will also be responsible for process improvement initiatives, analyzing performance, identifying problems and developing recommendations to eliminate road-blocks that would hinder operations from meeting /exceeding their company obligations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Process Improvement – Lead/partner cross functional task-force on process improvement initiatives to streamline steps, to enhance/improve service levels, reduce cost, update progress, and report success. This will be done by: evaluating end-to-end processes, mapping task, and compiling data to make recommendations for change; utilize tools (lean/ six sigma) concepts to identify potential cost savings and effective product flow; and working with strategic partners to align efforts.
- Project Management – Lead, plan and organize project work for the team; Establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently; leads projects as assigned
- Leadership –Lead and develop team members to spread the process improvement culture. Leads special projects as requested; other duties as assigned.
- Analytical – Gathers information needed for analysis; analyzes and defines requirements to improve operational process; performs assessments and identify efficiency gaps.
- Continuous Improvement – Using Excel, Access, PKMS, SAP, and other tools to recommend best method to enhance and leverage visibility tools to meet the organization's requirements; Assess work streams and implement functionality to automate manual tasks; Identify process flow defects and remove causes of defects; Works cross functionally with multiple operational and reporting teams to improve processes and provide solutions.
- Decision Making - Identify and understand each operation's concerns, problems, and opportunities: Comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; Make sound business decisions based on facts consistent with available data, understanding the situation and its constraints, and weighing all probable consequences of action prior to implementation.
- Quality Orientation - Audit and assess data for accuracy; Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful for deviations.
- Results Oriented –Using measurement methods to monitor progress toward goal attainment: tenaciously working to meet or exceed those goals and continuous improvement.
- Technical – Lead/partner sessions to define requirements for improvement solutions and specifications. Demonstrates knowledge of concepts; conducts thorough needs analysis; develop solutions that meet requirements; communicates scalability and deployment issues.
- Other duties as assigned
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
- Knowledge of Distribution/Fulfillment Operations
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Communicates clearly and directly, approachable, relates well to others, engages people and helps them understand process change, provides and seeks feedback, articulates clearly, actively listens
- Must have significant experience working in a team environment
- Moderate to advanced skills in: PKMS, SQL, Qlikview, Excel, Showcase Strategy, Access and other business tools
- Ability to complete complex tasks with minimal supervision and a sense of urgency
- Understanding of warehouse operations and process flows
- Possess ability to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to share information and present data in an organized fashion
- Extensive experience with project planning and technical task estimation
- Lean/Six Sigma plus
- Project Management certification a plus
- Bachelor's degree required in Engineering, IT, Finance or other technical field
- 5-7 years Process Improvement experience
- Minimum of 3 years in a supervisory role
- 2 or more years warehouse operations experience
- Advanced course work, training, or certifications are considered a plus.