Process Improvement Engineer
Less than 5 years experience • Manufacturing / Diversified
Know anyone??? Any interest?
We have been retained by a major food manufacturer to find the best and brightest for these current Plant Manager and Process Improvement Engineer. You will love the location, the people, the company, the work, cost of living, the compensation and quality of life.
Is this you???
Process Improvement Engineer
Location: Fellsmere, Florida
A fast-growing, vertically integrated food company driven by the integrity of our people and the passion for our product. Having won the 2015 IFT Food Expo Innovation Award, they are at the forefront of technology in the food ingredient industry, developing and manufacturing novel ingredients produced from the water lentil with applications in food, feed and nutritional supplement markets. Our unique, groundbreaking, patent protected technologies produce daily crop harvests that are continuously processed into high value food ingredients.
If you’re a self-starter and ready to get your hands dirty, you’re encouraged to apply.
The Plant/Process Engineer is responsible for managing all equipment at the production site, including troubleshooting, site maintenance, process control, and process improvement. The successful applicant will sustain a stable, reliable manufacturing process through analysis of data and application of sound engineering practices. The Plant/Process Engineer will also be involved in the design of future facilities, utilizing knowledge gained from present operations to recommend appropriate changes and improvements of unit operations. A strong background in process engineering design, process safety, project management, lean manufacturing principles, process reliability, food safety and HACCP in a food manufacturing environment is desired.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Ensure all equipment and systems at the site are operating efficiently and reliably to meet up time requirements.
2. Ensure all equipment and systems at the site are QA and Safety compliant.
3. Develop and implement an effective maintenance/spares strategy and team for the entire production site
4. Direct the maintenance/repair team to ensure that resources are available for keeping all equipment and systems operational, procuring materials and equipment as necessary.
5. Ensure documentation including PFDs and P&IDs is up to date and in compliance for auditing purposes.
6. Track trend data to evaluate line components for functionality, reliability and optimization.
7. Develop effective countermeasures when problems or nonconformance are uncovered.
8. Help build a culture of continuous improvement and establish programs to increase uptime and reduce costs
9. Interact with R&D team to perform continuous improvements recommending changes for equipment and processes to meet safety, quality, production and cost goals.
10. Complete other process engineering tasks and activities as needed.
1. Bachelor’s or Master’s in Process or Manufacturing Engineering,
2. 3-5 years of experience in managing a food manufacturing facility (SQF/GMP)
3. Familiar with pumps, vibrating equipment, boilers, air compressors, industrial dryers, cryogenics, milling systems and packaging systems.
4. Good knowledge control circuitry and instrumentation.
5. Good knowledge of industrial automation.
6. Good knowledge of high voltage 3 phase power.
7. Experience in plant documentation including SOPs, process deviations, training, lessons learned, KPI tracking, and batch records.
8. Experience in regulatory compliance for food manufacturing.
9. Aptitude in conveying information to people in varied fields of expertise.
10. Ability to work independently or within a team environment.
11. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
12. Good computer skills and proficiency in Excel, Word and Powerpoint
13. Experience with agricultural practices a plus.
14. Demonstrated leadership skills.
If so…contact me via email if interested: code THPARAPLANT OR if you know a candidate that might be qualified for this role and your refer them we will pay a $500.00 "referral bonus"