- Using Lean Six Sigma and Theory of Constraints methodologies, this individual will:
- Lead Continuous Process Improvement (CPI) projects tied to critical customer value streams
- Coach and mentor Lean Six Sigma (LSS) Belts in the performance of LSS projects and events
- Integrate process improvements across multiple disciplines in client environment
- Perform assessments utilizing analytical skills to understand client environments and associated LSS opportunities
- Interact directly with high-level customers on a regular basis
- Plan and facilitate meetings to achieve desired customer objectives
- Define and develop operational and performance metrics
- Conduct data mining and decision support analytics in support of business and mission objectives
- Recommend priorities for business process and IT improvements
- Identify and define IT functional requirements to implement business process improvements
- Implement and assess business process and IT improvements
- Perform internal consultation when necessary
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (or related field) and seven to nine years of related experience.
- Must have a minimum of five years of experience in Continuous Process Improvement.
- Must be computer system competent and able to apply business operating system applications to retrieve, interpret, and report relevant performance data and metrics.
- Must possess strong problem-solving and systems thinking abilities.
- Must have outstanding interpersonal skills such as providing constructive feedback, meeting facilitation, interviewing, training and delivering oral and written reports.
- Must be able to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance (note: this requires US citizenship.)
- Six Sigma Black Belt Certification
- Naval or Shipyard Experience
- Active Security Clearance
- Proficiency in Minitab
- Proficiency in SharePoint
Req #: 135265