This position is an excellent opportunity to work closely with various finance units, including external and internal financialreporting, reinsurance, investments and financial systems departments, on a wide variety of continuous projects and processes. Successful candidates will receive competitive compensation, the challenge of working across many departments, a vast variety of experiences and the opportunity to work in this world recognized leader in the insurance industry. We offer an opportunity to learn about both the organization and the industry while applying accounting, finance, reinsurance and actuarial concepts and theories.
RELATIONSHIP & SCOPE
The AVP of Finance Process Improvement will generally report to the VP of Finance Data Management & Process Improvement and will be responsible for evaluating, prioritizing, designing, and implementing various process improvement initiatives across the finance function. This candidate will interact with a diverse group of internal personnel, including otherfinancial professionals, technology experts, and functional staff to manage process improvement efforts.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage external and internal resources to document and understand a diverse array of finance processes.
- Evaluate existing processes and develop implementation plans to improve efficiency and effectiveness while adding value to the organization through enhanced analytics.
- Work closely with functional owners, senior management, and technology experts to develop and manage detailed project plans.
- Report on project status, key milestones/risks/dependencies, and results achieved to senior management.
- Apply resource management and technology solutions to enhance existing processes.
- Standardize processes, deliverables, and technology/data utilization across various areas of finance.
- Work closely with Global Finance Operations team on finance transformation goals and objectives, including assessing current state finance processes/systems/data, implementing target operating model across various finance departments and functions, and evaluating opportunities for outsourcing and automation (i.e., RPA).
- Work closely with Financial Systems team on systems implementation and integration efforts.
- Influence change across key constituents; remove obstacles to achieve objectives.
- Work closely with Finance Data Management team to implement data analytics capabilities throughout existing finance processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, major in Accounting or Finance; MBA highly desirable
- 9+ years in progressively responsible leadership roles with familiarity in operational, financial, quality assurance, and human resource procedures and regulations
- Comprehensive experience in finance and a strong working knowledge of financial systems is preferred
- Insurance experience, preferably experience working with a commercial P&C, Life, or A&H carrier
- Public Accounting experience and CPA designation preferred
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Project Management experience a plus
- Mastery of end user applications (e.g., Microsoft products such as Excel, Powerpoint, Word, and Access) and proficiency in Cognos and TM1
Required Personal Skills:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize deadlines
- Strong organizational skills and proven ability to work independently
- Ability to identify priorities and manage time efficiently
- Ability to work effectively and influence with all levels throughout a large organization
- Enthusiastic self-starter
- Critical thinking skills
- Demonstrates integrity and dedication.