Reporting to the Lead Terminal Excellence First & Last Mile this role will be responsible for the following:
Develop and design of new and/or improve existing business tools ( ArcGis Pro / IBM Blueworks Live / Amazon Web Services ) and foundational business processes including On-road, Sortation, Transportation and Clerical while leveraging continuous improvement tools and methodologies, such as, Lean/Six Sigma and PDCA, in order to meet Health and Safety, Quality of service, Productivity and Costs objectives.
- Develop, implement and manage multiple projects providing realistic and accurate timelines, resource requirements and activity plans.
- Manage the collection and compilation of internal and external data and information to assess and analyze the impact on the objectives of the project.
- Support testing and implementation of new technologies, methodologies, and procedures using a user acceptance testing methodology
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders across the organization.
- Lead and participate in stakeholder interviews, identify information/data and detailed process analysis to understand current “as is” process state.
- Lead/participate in project work ensuring adherence to project charters, timelines, work breakdown structures and tracking logs to fulfill project management processes.
- Perform Logical Data mapping of critical Operations data transactions through SIPOC methodology and linking to related processes
- Develop Key Process Indicators (KPI) for critical processes and establish the reporting mechanism.
- Establish data owners and user groups for reporting and develop control plans/process compliance monitoring.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other functional streams to enable the realization of fully integrated solutions
- Given the 24/7 nature of the business, this person will be required to work after hours and on weekends when necessary and provide on-call support for production related systems issues.
- Required to travel as required (25%-30%)
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 5 years experience in operations within the courier industry
- Lean/Six Sigma training (Green Belt is preferred)
- Strong Leadership, project and time management skills with the ability to prioritize competing projects
- Ability to work with a high degree of detail and accuracy constantly meeting deadlines.
- Strong Analytical skills, creative problem solver and strategic thinker with a strong work ethic and ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficient computer skills (including MS Excel, Visio, PowerPoint,)
- Proficient knowledge in software programming (i.e., Python, Excel, SQL )
- Knowledge in SAP applications (i.e., Mobile devices, SAP TM, SAP ERP, SAP BI, Event Manager)
- Strong written and oral communications skills