Thrive on innovation at a global technology leader. Develop exciting solutions in a diverse, stable work environment that's focused on the future. Join us in a modern work environment with an open and inspiring culture and colleagues!
The major function of this position is to propose, develop and perform optimization measures for manufacturing processes, equipment and software to continuously optimize manufacturing capacity, yield rate, productivity and cost-effectiveness, as well as manage new high-technology products introductions and ensure the production testing.
This engineering opportunity involves both a hands on position as well as the requirement to analyze, plan and steer projects in the day to day responsibilities.
1. Identifies, plans and executes initiatives or projects to improve yield and productivity improvements with TPM team, technicians and production leads. Recommend plans to invest in certain equipment to support such initiatives or projects.
2. Independently manages projects to perform equipment and software optimizaton
3. Coordinate and perform equipment and software validations.
4. Manage all tasks related to introduction of new products in close cooperation with R&D team.
5. Has knowledge of U.S. and foreign medical device regulations, GMP, FDA, QSR's, ISO 9000, CE Mark and ANSI standards.
6. Supports Operations and Quality Assurance in CAPA projects and root cause analysis to investigate productivity or quality issues
7. Definition, collection and review of production data and key performance indicators to support efficiency control in production on a daily basis and for trending purposes. Reports findings on a regular basis to Operations Management and initiates initiatives and projects to improve all areas of operations
8. Trains production staff in 5S, LEAN and Six Sigma initiatives and applies those principles to daily operations
B.S. degree in Engineering (Preferably Industrial). Must have a minimum of 5+ years of experience in engineering tasks and managing engineering projects. Clean room experience and experience in the ophthalmic industry is a plus.